Narasaraopet - Obtain a Learner Driving License(LLR)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Obtain a Learner Driving License(LLR) in Narasaraopet.
- To apply for a Learner Driver License in Narasaraopet the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which your area belongs to. Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : Contacts Link
- Please make sure you have all the documents required to process the application
- Application Forms No2, No 1 A, No 1 are required. Application forms can be obtained from the following link : Forms Link
- The applicant should make sure that, they are eligible
- Application forms can also be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices that should be completed and presented with appropriate fees.
- Present the completed application forms in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- For a Learner License you will be requested to take a theory test, to make sure you understand the rules and regulation related to driving a vehicle and if you clear the test, you will be provided a LLR.
- If you fail the test, you will be allowed to re-take the test.
- Note: Availability of slot for RTO process can be searched with the help of the following link. ( Booking can be done at the time of actual online processing) : Slots link
Apply through State Portal
- Application for Learner Driver License can be made through State Online Portal : Online Portal
- Under “License” menu select “Learner License (LLR)” option to get the new screen.
- The new screen with Learner's License Instructions heading will open. Please click “ CLICK HERE TO APPLY LEARNERS LICENCE”
- In the next screen please select appropriate option and hit “NEXT” to reach the next screen.
- Here user will have to select authentication option of his choice to reach the next screen.
- Please follow the screen instructions fill the application form and submit the required documents. You will also get the appointment date for visiting RTO office to process the application.
- Take printout of the application form including Acknowledgement form and go to nearest RTO office before 11:30 a.m. and submit the application to the RTO official. Authorities will advice the fee amount to be paid. On the appropriate counter pay the fees and submit the application and documents to process the application.
- Application in Form 2. Link for Forms : Form2 Link
- Proof of age, appropriate for relevant class of vehicle.
- Ration card, Voter identity card, Life insurance policy, Passport, School certificate, Birth certificate
- Age certification by a registered medical practitioner not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon
- Proof of residence
- Ration Card, Voter identity card, Pay slip issued by any office of the central government or a state government; Electricity bill, Telephone bill, House tax receipt showing the name of the applicant
- If the applicant is not able to produce Residence proof or Age proof for a sufficient reason the licensing authority may accept any affidavit sworn by the applicant before an Executive Magistrate, or a First Class Judicial Magistrate or a Notary Public as evidence of residence
- Application-cum-declaration physical fitness in Form-1.
- Medical Certificate in Form No. 1A (only for persons applying for Transport license)
- Three recent passport size photographs of the applicant.
- Applicants for Transport Vehicle License must produce a Permanent Driving License for Light Motor Vehicle held by him, at least for one year.
- Aadhaar card
Office Locations & Contacts
- Transport Commissioner
Government Of Andhra Pradesh State Transport Department
Address: Vijayawada Rd, Punammathota, Labbipet,
Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh - 520010
Phone : 040-2572400
E-mail : email@example.com
Andhra Pradesh State - Transport Department : Contacts Link
- Any person who has completed:
- 16 years of age is eligible to get a license for driving a Motor Cycle without Gear - Not exceeding 50 cc.
- 18 years of age is eligible to get a license for driving a Motor Cycle with Gear and Light Motor Vehicle.
- 20 years of age is eligible to get a license for driving a Transport Vehicle, if he/she has One year old license
- Those who apply for permanent license one has to get LLR
- Also, no person shall be granted a learners license to drive a medium or heavy goods vehicle or passenger vehicle unless he has held a driving license valid for a light motor vehicle (LMV) for at least one year.
- NOTE : A person who is at least 20 years old and possesses a Learners License can obtain a License for driving a commercial vehicle. Also, one has to be conversant with the traffic rules and regulations in all the cases
More fees related information can be obtained from the following link : Fees
- Learner's License is valid only for six months from the date of obtaining it.
- Note: One can apply for a permanent license only after a month after receiving Learner's License
Documents to Use
Application forms can be obtained from the following link : Application forms
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
LLR will be issued on the same day or within a weeks time.
Andhra Pradesh - Obtain A Learner Driving License (LLR)
There are two ways to get an appointment for an LLR test. The first is to book a time slot online for the LLR test and the second is to approach the local RTO office directly. The permit seekers can book an appointment online by by visiting the website https://aptransport.in/CFSTONLINE/LL/TestCenter.aspx. They can also approach Mee-seva centers if they cannot do it by them self. The fee is Rs. 90 payable through online transfers from your bank account or through your credit or debit cards. You will have 24hrs to pay after booking an appointment, for the booking to be accepted. Usually you would have to wait for few days to months depending on the availability of time slots.After booking an appointment you need to visit your local RTO office 1 hour prior to your appointment time for the test. In addition to the online appointments you could also visit your local RTO offices for walk-in appointments. However walk-in appointments are allowed only on Mondays and Tuesdays, between 9AM-1:30PM. In addition, walk-in appointments are also allowed on 4th Saturday of every month. Please be aware that there could be long waiting lines for walk-in appointments depending on your city.
The LLR test consists of 20 multiple choice questions. You could practice for the test by visiting http://llrmocktest-aptd.cgg.gov.in/. You need score 12 out of 20 (60%). The test can be taken in English, Hindi and Telugu languages. You will have 10 minutes to complete the test.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- In India, two kinds of Driving Licenses are issued: Learners License and Permanent License. A Learners License is essential for obtaining a Permanent License
- LLR is a qualification exam given by the Transport Departments of India for applicants who wish to get their driving license. Before a person obtains a permanent driving license, he or she should obtain a LLR certificate first. Learner's License is valid only for six months.
- A Driving License is an official document certifying that the holder is suitably qualified to drive a motor vehicle. Under the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act,1988 in India
- No person can drive a motor vehicle in any public place unless he holds a valid Driving License issued to him.
Information which might help
- It is a punishable offense to drive the vehicle without a valid license
- Those who are under 18 Years are not supposed to drive
- RTO officials has the right to decide upon the issue of license
- Note: Wear a formal shirt for the interview. If you wear t-shirt, the examiner will deny to take a photograph..
in terms of age for the type of vehicle they are applying (16 years for driving a Motor Cycle without Gear - Not exceeding 50 cc / 18 years of age for driving a Motor Cycle with Gear and Light Motor Vehicle./ 20 years of age for driving a Transport Vehicle)
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people in Narasaraopet can be listed here.