Narasaraopet - Obtain a Duplicate Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC Book)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Obtain a Duplicate Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC Book) in Narasaraopet.
- If your RC is stolen or lost, you have to file a complaint and get FIR copy from police station. In case of damaged or toned RC, you don't have to make a complaint. The damaged remains will be required to apply.
Apply In-Person for the duplicate RC
- As a first step please go to the local police station and file an FIR and bring a copy of it to the RTO office.
- To apply for duplicate vehicle registration certificate in Narasaraopet the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which your area belongs to. Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : Contacts Link
- Registration Forms link: Forms link
- Application in Form-26A: For link : Link for 26A
- You need to bring your vehicle for physical verification as required
- Also make sure you have all the necessary documents to process the application
- Application forms can also be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices that should be completed and presented with appropriate fees.
- Present the completed application forms along with documents in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- Authorities will inspect the vehicle – Chassis number particularly
- If the details and documents are in place then the authorities will process the application further
- Note: Availability of slot for RTO process can be searched with the help of the following link
- ( Booking can be done at the time of actual online processing) : Slots link
Apply In-Person to replace damaged RC
- In this process the applicant has to bring the damaged or toned pieces of original RC to submit and don’t require police certificate (FIR) and follow the steps as mentioned above
Apply through State Portal
- Application to renew Contract Carriage Maxi Cab permit can be made through : Online Portal
- Please click the “REGISTRATION SERVICES” link that is displayed under the “Registration” section of the screen.
- In the next screen, please click on the “Duplicate” option and hit “NEXT”
- In the next screen, enter registration number followed by details of Aadhaar or Voter id and Select appropriate options and hit “NEXT”
- You will be given a new screen to enter details
- You will be taken to a screen where you have to choose the day and time that you are planning to visit the RTO office related to the application and click “Next” button that is displayed on the bottom of the screen.
- Please follow the instructions appropriately that are displayed in the next screens for filling the application forms and uploading required documents.
- Take printout of the application form including Acknowledgement form and go to nearest RTO office before 11:30 a.m. and submit the application to the RTO official. Authorities will advice the fee amount to be paid. On the appropriate counter pay the fees and submit the application and documents to process the application. RTO officials will do physical verification and process your application further.
- Registration Forms link: http://www.aptransport.org/html/forms-registration.html
- Application in Form-26A: For link : http://www.aptransport.org/html/form26A.php
- Police certificate (FIR – If applicable)
- 2 Photograph of the applicant with vehicle clearly showing number plate
- Pollution under control certificate
- Copy of the Registered certificate (If you have one)
- Valid Insurance Certificate.
- Proof of address (any one of the following): Ration Card / Electoral Roll / LIC Policy / Affidavit sworn by the applicant *before an Executive or First Class Judicial
- Pencil traced “Chassis Number” is the primary detail for applying
- Aadhaar card
Office Locations & Contacts
- Transport Commissioner
Government Of Andhra Pradesh State Transport Department
Address: Vijayawada Rd, Punammathota, Labbipet,
Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh - 520010
Phone : 040-2572400
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Andhra Pradesh State - Transport Department : Contacts Link
Owner of the vehicle.
Following link provides you information related to fees : Fee information
Validity of the RC remains same
Documents to Use
Application forms that can be used: Application forms
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Andhra Pradesh - Obtain A Duplicate Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC Book)
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- All the vehicles need to be registered as per the Motor Vehicle Act,1988 . The vehicles are provided with unique registration number. Once the vehicle is registered, a certificate is issued to the owner. The registration certificate is used as a proof for authorized owner of the vehicle.
- If the Registration certificate is lost, stolen, damaged or misplaced then one need to apply for a duplicate registration certificate for vehicle
- After one register his / her vehicle – He / She will receive a unique number to use it in number board.
- When a bike owned by a individual sold to another person – the name transfer has to be made with the authorities concerned.
Information which might help
- One who wishes to sell his or her vehicle should make sure that the proper name transfer in RC is carried out
- FC (for clearance) is a process meant for reviewing the condition of the vehicle registered
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people in Narasaraopet can be listed here.