Narasaraopet - Obtain a Birth Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Obtain a Birth Certificate in Narasaraopet.
- To apply for a Birth Certificate, you must first register the birth.
- The birth has to be registered with the concerned local authorities within 21 days of its occurrence, by filling up the form prescribed by the Registrar.
- Normally the dispensaries or hospitals where the birth takes place maintain a register and the same is sent to the local bodies at regular intervals.
- Once it reaches the Municipality or MRO, the concerned citizen has to approach the authority and apply for the certificate on any working day.
- In case the birth has not been registered within the specified time of its occurrence, the certificate is issued after due police verification ordered by the revenue authorities.
Through Meeseva centre
- Application for Birth certificate can be collected from Meeseva center. Following link can provide you information related to nearest Meeseva Centers : Meeseva center link
- Applicant can download form from the following link : Forms Link
- Direct link for the form : Form20 Link
- Fill the application form and submit the form along with documents and fees to Meeseva officer at the counter.
- The details will be processed online. Applicant number will be given to you for future reference
- Birth certificate will be issued if the details match with hospital records.
- With the help of the application number, applicant can find the status of his certificate in the link : Status link
- If the birth takes place at a dispensary/hospital, the register record is enough.
- Address proof(Voter ID, Driving License etc.) of parents
- Aadhaar Card of Parents
- If the birth takes place at a house, the citizen has to approach the local body and inform in writing. Then it will be verified & the certificate will be issued.
- Application is to be made in the prescribed format of Form-2.
- Name of the Parent
- Date of birth of the child
- Location of residence
- Certificate of Doctor / Hospital discharge certificate
- In case of delayed registration, an affidavit from judicial magistrate / Notary is required indicating the date and place of birth, names of parent and evidence of the event of birth
- In case you have applied after a month but within a year you have to obtain a permission from the Add.Dist.Registrar i.e BDO of concerned Taluka
- In case applied after one year, need to obtain a order from executive magistrate and copy of the said order is required to be attached with the prescribed application form.
Office Locations & Contacts
- The Director, ESD (MeeSeva),
D.No:48-9-2/1, Vishnu Nagar, Gunadala,
Vijayawada-520004, Andhra Pradesh-India,
Land Line : 0866-2452771/2772,
Fax No: 08662452765
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Help Line No: 18004254440 & 1100
Link for Meeseve centres : Meeseva center link
Any citizen or foreigner who is born in the state Andhra Pradesh.
- At Meeseva Rs.15/-
- Within GHMC Limits Rs.25/-
- With in AP (out side of GHMC) Rs.40/-
- With in India Rs.60/-
Birth certificate is Valid Forever
Documents to Use
The concerned local body will give the form free of cost in most of the places. The same can be downloaded from http://ccla.ap.gov.in/CCLA/downloadForms.ccla?mode=getDocuments.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
7 to 14 working days from the date applied (if all details are valid and appropriate)
Andhra Pradesh - Obtain a Birth Certificate
- Concerned Authority : The Local bodies Municipalities in the Urban and Mandal Revenue Office in the Rural areas of the state.
- In India, it is mandatory under the law (as per the Registration of Birth Act, 1969 ) to register every birth/stillbirth with the concerned State/UT Government within 21 days of its occurrence.
- The Government accordingly has provided for a well-defined system for registration of Birth, with the Registrar General at the centre and the Chief Registrars in the State, running through district registrars to the village and town registrars at the periphery.
How do we do birth and death registrations?
i.Registration of Births and Deaths is to be done in the office of the Sub Registrar of Births and Deaths(Sanitary Inspector) of the concerned ward or Municipal office as detailed below:
- Birth of Child within 21 days.
- Death of person within 21 days.
ii.Births and Deaths can be got registered, within a month by paying the requisite fee into the Municipal Treasury, if they are not registered as stated above.
iii.Registration of Births and Deaths after one month and below one year can be done with the permission of Registrar of Births and Deaths / Municipal Commissioner by payment of requisite penalty duly enclosing an affidavit attested by Notary (Advocate).
iv.Registration of Births and Deaths after one year can be got done after obtaining orders from Revenue Divisional Officer or First Class Executive Magistrate duly remitting the requisite fees through Challan.
v.The name of the child can be got recorded free of cost within one year. After one year it can be done with the Declaration of Father / Mother after payment of requisite fee.
vi.The details of fee payable can be obtained from the Service Centre of the Municipal Office.
Need for the Document
- Birth Certificate is a vital document at various stages in life to prove Age, Nationality and is must while applying for Passport, Education, Health purpose and Employment
- A Birth Certificate is the most important identity document that makes it possible for anyone in possession of it to benefit from a gamut of services offered by the Indian Government to its citizens.
Information which might help
- In order to get Indian citizenship for a child born to Indian parent(s) in a foreign country, the birth of the child is to be registered at the nearest Indian Embassy/Consulate and thereafter (or at the same time) the parents can apply for issue of an Indian passport for the child. For more information, kindly contact Indian Embassy/Consulate in your jurisdiction or visit their website.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
It will be used to provide proof of age and identity for many events in life: entering school, getting a drivers license, passport or marriage license, tracing family history, receiving retirement benefits, etc.
More information which might help people in Narasaraopet can be listed here.