Narasaraopet - Obtain Encumbrance Certificate (EC)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Obtain Encumbrance Certificate (EC) in Narasaraopet.
To process in Sub registrar office
- To apply for EC (Encumbrance certificate) with the registrar, applicant has to go to the respective sub registrar office where the land is registered
- Link for Sub registration office link
- Applicant shall collect the application form for EC at the respective sub registrar office (Or download using online link as explained) complete the form with details and submit the same with non judicial stamp affixed along with documents to the respective authority as advised
- Authorities will announce the fees to be paid. Please pay as advised
- A Receipt containing Acknowledgement ID is issued to the applicant.
- This application request will be processed by the department.
- SMS is triggered to the applicants informing the status of the application. As per notification, applicant shall visit the office to collect the certificate
- Go to the nearest Meeseva center. Link for Meeseva center details : Link
- Applicant can collect application form from the counter staff (by paying applicable amount) Or download from the link: link
- Complete the form and attach required documents and submit to the counter staff. Please pay the service charge as advised.
- Upon submission, Authority will verify the details and do the online process using the computer.
- After successful processing, applicant will be provided with transaction ID(in the mobile number provided in application) and acknowledgement slip for further reference.
- The application will be forwarded to the Sub Registrar Office.
- After verification, the concerned officer will forward the status to the Meeseva center and also the SMS will be sent to the applicant regarding their status.
- Applicant can get the certificate through Meeseva center
- Go to the online portal : link to apply online for EC.
- Select Online EC option from the homepage. The page will redirect to next page
- Please select “Not a member? Click here” to register. Once registered, reach the same page again and log In using the credentials and hit submit to reach next page.
- In the given page, under public online services select encumbrance certificate to get next page.
- User should enter personal information, Land details, Period for which EC is required, Sub registrar office details and hit Submit to get next page.
- Next page provides details of Property. If the shown details are OK, please hit next button. Signed/Unsigned EC options will be displayed in next page. If user need a signed certificate option, select signed option and proceed with the page prompts Or
- Select unsigned certificate option from this page, the link will redirect to next page. Please follow through the page prompts to print/download EC
- Application form: Link
- Address proof of applicant (attested copy)
- Property address. survey number, document/patta number
- Period for which the EC is required
- Applicable fees
- Copy of sale deed of the said property. (any one deed for the land and not necessary to present the last or latest one)
- Purpose for which the EC is applied for
- Copy of Power of Attorney, in case application is made by the attorney holder
- Aadhar card
- Property card if available
Office Locations & Contacts
- Office of the Commissioner & Inspector General of Registration and Stamps,
5-59, R.K.Spring Valley Apartments,
Edupugallu, Kankipadu Mandal,
A.P, Vijayawada - 521151
Tel No : 0866-2428531
Fax No : 0866-2428532
Email-Id : CIG.firstname.lastname@example.org
Link for contact: link
- Those who has land in their name.
- Applicant intend to buy the land
- Authorized signatory / power of attorney.
- Please pay as per authorities quote.
- Fees differs with place to place, based on size of the land and for duration for which this certificate is applied for
This certificate is obtained for the mentioned period. So, it is valid as per the mentioned period on the certificate.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Offline process timing will be provided by authorities (usually 15 days to 20 days)
- Online process can be completed in two days time
Andhra Pradesh - Obtain Encumbrance Certificate
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- The land registration process in India is governed by ‘Section 17’ under the Registration Act, 1908, applicable to whole of India except the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The encumbrance certificate is a vital document to show that the said land belongs to the particular person and there is no litigation in ownership
- It certifies, that the land does not have any legal dues. The EC for a property can be obtained from the sub-registrar’s office where the particular property has been registered.
- The encumbrance certificate is important while applying for mortgage loan, selling land and for joint development etc.
- In general, encumbrance certificate will be issued in
- Form 16: If the property does not have any encumbrance during the said period. i.e., certificate of Nil Encumbrance.
- Form 15: If the property has any encumbrance registered during the said period.
Information which might help
- EC applicant will be given a number when applied and the same will be mentioned on the Encumbrance certificate when issued.
- Encumbrance Certificate is one among the other documents or process to verify that the land is free from any litigation.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Narasaraopet can be listed here.