Narasaraopet - How to Renew a Driving License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to How to Renew a Driving License in Narasaraopet.
- To renew your driver license in Narasaraopet the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which his area belongs to. Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : Contact link
- Please make sure you have all the required documents to process the application.
- Following application forms are required Form-9, Form-1a. Application forms can be downloaded from the following link : Form 9 link
- The applicant should make sure they are eligible for applying for the license by verifying the appropriate application form.
- Application forms can also be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices that should be completed and presented with appropriate fees.
- Present the completed application forms along with required documents in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- If the driver license renewal authority is satisfied with the application and the documents submitted, the driver license will be renewed.
- Note: Availability of slot for RTO process can be searched with the help of the following link. ( Booking can be done at the time of actual online processing) : Slot link
Apply through State Portal
- Applications can be made on-line through the following link : Online link
- Under “License” menu heading select “Driving License” option to get the new screen.
- In the next screen, please click “Renewal of License” and hit “Next” to go to the next window.
- In the next screen, please select appropriate option and hit “Search” to reach the next screen.
- Please follow the instructions appropriately that are displayed in the following screens for filling the application forms and making payments and uploading required documents.
- Take printout of the application form including Acknowledgement form and go to RTO office before 11:30 a.m. on appointment date to process
- If your address has changed then you have to get NOC certificate from your old RTO office and then apply online for license renewal.
- Application forms can be downloaded from the following link : Forms link
- Application in Form-9: Form 9 link
- Medical certificate in Form-1a (if the applicant is above 50 years)
- Driving License
- Proof of Age
- Passport size photos-2 copies
- Aadhaar card
Office Locations & Contacts
- Transport Commissioner
Government Of Andhra Pradesh State Transport Department
Address: Vijayawada Rd, Punammathota, Labbipet,
Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh - 520010
Phone : 040-2572400
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Andhra Pradesh State - Transport Department : Contact likn
- An application for renewal shall be made not more than one month before the date of expiry of the licence.
- If the application is late for more than five years after the date of expiry of the licence, the applicant should undergo all the formalities to obtain a fresh licence.
Renewal of Driving License - 200 INR
Renewal of Driving License after grace period - 300 INR
Following link provides you fees related information : Fee Information
- License to drive a Non-Transport Vehicle is valid for 20 years from the date of issue or until the holder attains the age of 50 years, whichever is earlier. After that, the License is renewed every 5 years.
- Transport Vehicle License is valid for a period of 3 years from the date of issue or renewal.
Documents to Use
Application forms can be obtained from the following link : Application forms
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
After Verification, the License will be issued on the same day or within a weeks time.
Andhra Pradesh - Renew a Driving License
Andhra Pradesh- Online Renew a Driving License
- Licensing Authorities
The Joint Commissioner/ Deputy Commissioner and the Regional Transport Officers are the Licensing Authorities. The Administrative Officers and Motor Vehicle Inspectors are the Additional Licensing Authorities.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- As per Motor Vehicle Act 1988, a valid Driving License is necessary to drive any motor vehicle on public roads.
- Government has enforced validity for Driving license. Whenever the validity of driving license lapse or the period for renewal is attained, then the application for renewal has to made in respective RTO.
- This renewed driving license will be considered as a proof of residence.
Information which might help
- It is a punishable offense to drive the vehicle without a valid license.
- Those who are under 18 Years are not supposed to drive.
- Transport officials has the right to decide upon the issue of license.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
A Driving Licence can be used as a proof for Identity.
More information which might help people in Narasaraopet can be listed here.