Narasaraopet - File for Divorce
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to File for Divorce in Narasaraopet.
- Before applying for divorce, decide whether you and your spouse agree on the divorce terms.
- If you both agree on the divorce terms then you can file for divorce by preparing the necessary documents mentioned in the below section. If you don’t agree the divorce terms then you need the assistance of a lawyer.
- Make sure that you have submitted all the proper documents to the lawyer mentioned in the “Required documents” section below.
- Now the lawyer files a petition in the concerned court of your district.
- Refer the location of court in the “Office location & contacts” section below.
- After some period, the court calls for hearing. Make sure that you have met all the requirements for completing the hearing as insisted by the lawyer.
- Lawyer will notify you about the date and time of your court hearing
- At the time of hearing, the petitioner has to prove that they are not together for more than one year.
- Once the hearing is over, the court gives a period of 6 months to re-consider their decision.
- In case the petitioner does not withdraw the petition, the judge will grant your divorce and set the terms.
- The full agreement between you and your spouse will be “ordered” by the judge in a divorce decree.
- Make sure that you get a certified copy of your divorce decree.
Following are the list of documents that has to be submitted to the lawyer to file for divorce
- Proof of marriage
- Identity proof of both parties
- Passport size photograph of both parties
- Evidence proving spouses are living separately since more than a year.
- Details of properties and other assets owned by the petitioner
- Financial Affidavit
- Notice of Hearing
- Settlement Agreement
- Custody agreement
Office Locations & Contacts
Each District’s court location is provided in the following link app
The above link will open up a webpage where you can see a map with all the districts of Andhra Pradesh. Click your district from the map and look for “contact us” in “about us” section.
For more details about srikakulam district, visit contact us
- Applicant should be the resident of Andhra Pradesh.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
- Once the divorce is granted it cannot be changed.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Processing time depends upon the cases.
Andhra Pradesh - File For Divorce
- Make sure that you get a certified copy of your divorce decree and put it in a safe place.
Following are the required information to file for divorce
- Petitioner details.
- Residential details
- Contact details
- If there is a child then the details about child’s custody
Need for the Document
- Certified copy of divorce decree is helpful in the future for many things like getting re-married, buying a house etc,.
Information which might help
Types of Divorce
- Mutual Consent - Both the spouses are in agreement that divorce cannot be avoided and they both opt for a "no fault" divorce.
- Contested Divorce - The spouse seeking divorce can file under the appropriate faith based law under which they got married or in case of civil marriage under the appropriate law under which they married or their marriage was registered.
- Hindus - The Hindu Marriage Act, 1955
- Christians - The Divorce Act,1869, The Indian Christian Marriage Act,1872
- Parsis - The Parsi Marriage and Divorce Act,1936
- Muslims - Shariat Law, The Dissolution of Muslim Marriage Act,1939
- Inter-cast/Secular - Special Marriage Act, 1954, The Foreign Marriage Act,1969
Alimony is another important aspect which must be taken into consideration. The following are the factors that will be taken into determination while deciding the amount of alimony:
- Duration of marriage
- Age of recipient
- Health of spouse
- Respective marriage laws
- Child custody
- Financial position of either spouse
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Narasaraopet can be listed here.