Narasaraopet - Apply or Renew Arms (Gun) License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Apply or Renew Arms (Gun) License in Narasaraopet.
Through Meeseva center
- Following link provides you information related to Meeseva centers : Meeseva contact link
- Please find your nearest Meeseva center and make sure you have all the documents, when you are visiting the center.
- Please get the application form from Meeseva center or get it downloaded from the following link : FORM LINK
- Fill the form and Submit your form along with required documents to the Clerk at Meeseva center. He will do the online process for completing the application procedure.
- Once your application process is over, you will receive a message about your transaction and application number. Please keep these details with care.
- This request will then be processed to respective collector for further processing.
- The verification of details from the government side will be processed. On satisfactory result, applicant will be issued with the License.
- Application for renewal of Arms License in the specified format should be submitted one month before the date of expiry of arms license
- The licensee should produce his/her weapon and license for inspection at the time of renewal and pay the renewal fees.
- Renewal will be done immediately and the necessary thing about renewal will be made in the license.
- Application form : Form Link
- Valid Arms license in original form.
- Recent passport size photo
- Weapon Deposit certificate in case of expiry of renewal date.
- Two Self attested Proof of present residential address.
- Ration card
- Aadhaar card
- Income tax returns
- Pan card
Office Locations & Contacts
- DEPUTY COMMISSIONER OF
POLICE / CT SECRETARY / COMMISSIONER / JOINT COMMISSIONERS
Pingali Venkaiah Marg, Near PWD Ground,
Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh 520002
- Link for important contacts: Contacts Link
- The license authority shall refuse to grant a license
- Where such license is required in respect of any prohibited arms or prohibited ammunition;
- Where such is required by a person whom the licensing authority has reason to believe:
- To be prohibited by the Indian Arms Rules or by any other law for the time being in force from acquiring, having in his possession or carrying any arms or ammunition.
- To be of unsound mind.
- To be for any reason unfit for a license.
- Applicant should have valid Firearm License to renew
- User charges INR 35/-
- Service Charge INR 750 /-
- Postal charges INR 33/- Local
- Postal charges INR 46 /-- Non-local
Renewal service charge INR 375/-
- A license is valid for 3 years from the date on which it is granted (unless revoked earlier) and need to be renewed before one month of expiry
- License may be granted for a shorter period, if the person by whom the license is required desires or if the licensing authority
- License is renewable from time to time - Even the authority can ask for renewal in between the renewal period for recording purpose
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Renewal can be obtained in 5 days
Andhra Pradesh - Apply Or Renew Arms (Gun) License
Applicants may approach the Office of the Deputy Commissioner who is in charge of issuing Arms License Registration.
- Name of Applicant
- Present and permanent address
- Date of birth, age
- Occupation and designation
- Whether the applicant has been:
- Convicted if so, (the offenses),the sentence and date of sentence.
- Ordered to execute a bond under chapter VIII of Cr. P. C. for keeping the peace or for good behavior if so when and for what period.
- Prohibited under the Arms Act, 1959 or any other law from having the arms/ ammunition.
- Whether the applicant applied for a licence before if so when to whom & with what result.
- Whether the applicants licence was over suspended or cancelled/ revoked if so, when and by whom and on what account.
- Whether any other member of the applicants family is in possession of an arms licenses if so particulars thereof.
- Whether the applicant :
- Is a licensee or esteem if so, description of arms hold.
- Has a safe place for keep the arm.
- Particulars of Licence
Need for the Document
- Indian national can claim a license for self defense, general security, sports-Shooting etc.,
- Any person who wishes to carry firearms must first secure a license and has to renew before the period of license lapse
- Every application for the grant of a license shall be submitted in Form A
- Arm license (also known as a gun license) is a license or permit issued by government to an eligible individual
Information which might help
- Any foreign National is allowed to own and bear arms for a maximum period of 6 months during their stay in India, given valid reasons.
- Any Indian who is returning to India and has owned a gun in his foreign residence for over 2 years, can apply for an Indian license and bring back the gun they owned abroad.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Individual Arms License: FAQ
More information which might help people in Narasaraopet can be listed here.