Narasaraopet - Apply Identity Card for Differently Abled
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Apply Identity Card for Differently Abled in Narasaraopet.
Following are the ways using which you can apply for identity card for differently abled persons in Andhra Pradesh.
- To apply for the identity card for differently abled person approach the government hospital of your district along with the necessary certificates or reports.
- The list of government hospital located in each district is provided in the following linkNIC
- Download the registration form from the given link :Files
- Fill all the mandatory details and attach all the documents required to obtain the identity card for disabled person.
- Make sure that you have all the proper documents mentioned in the “Required documents” section below.
- Submit the form to the district government hospital with the required documents. More details about the location is provided in the following link:App. Find the details in department of women,children, disabled and senior citizens section.
The Director General of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare will be the fi:al authority to issue the ID card based on the documents.
Following listed information provides you details on who needs to be approached for getting appropriate certificate.
- Children below 12 years and suffering from mental retardation may be certified of their disability either by a neurologist, pediatric, psychiatrist and visually challenged will be so certified by an ophthalmologist.
- Applicants may use the application form allotted for a specific disability and submit the forms at the government hospital or public health centers.
- Those applicants with amputation or severe paralysis, and irreversible disabilities are required to get medical certificate from concerned medical practitioner at the government hospital or the primary health center.
- Those with multiple disabilities will be certified by a medical board constituted ofthree doctors, with one of the doctors competent in the field of one of the disabilities the applicant stands incapacitated by.
- Those affected by cerebral palsy may produce a certificate either from a pediatric, orthopedic, neurologist, or a psychiatrist.
- Those afflicted by leprosy will be certified so by a dermatologist, and the hearing impaired by an ENT specialist.
To apply identity for differently abled persons in Andhra Pradeshthrough online follow the procedure given below
- Click on the link to apply for the identity card for disabilities through national portal Application
- Please select “Apply for Disability Certificate & UDID Card” option provided on the right side part of the screen.
- A new page to enter / select details will prompt user to fill in the required details.
- User can select language of choice using the “Choose regional language” option and click select your language from the drop down menu.
- There will be four parts to process. First one, personal details, followed by Disability detail, employment detail and Identity detail. Please fill in the required information for each part and hit “next” tab or the required option to go for the next part till the employment details part.
- At the end of the screen user has to click the “Terms agree” option and then hit proceed button to preview his application.
- If the displayed details are Ok hit Confirm application button to complete the online application.
- Applicant will get the enrolment / UDID / request number. Please keep it safe for future reference.
- After the processing and verification of the details provided as per the norms. Applicant will get notification about the process. If he is granted with a disability card, then one can visit the online portal and download the e-UDID card.
Note: Those seeking new national identity cards for the disabled or renewal of existing card are required to register their disabilities certified duly by the aforementioned medical practitioners for the corresponding disabilities as the case may be.
Following are the list of documents that is required to obtain identity card for differently abled persons
- Filled registration form
- Proofs of residence
- Family card
- Electoral identity card
- Bank pass book
- Two passport-size photographs
- Copy of the Disability Certificate.
- Copy of ID of the person with disability.
- Copy of all medical and psychological reports available.
- Aadhaar Card
- Two photographs showing the disability
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of empowerment of persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
Room No. 517, B-II Block, paryavaranbhavan,
CGO complex, lodhi road,
New Delhi- 110003
The Director Welfare of Differently abled & Senior Citizens
L.B.S Nagar, Payakapuram,
Vijayawada,Andhra Pradesh- 520015.
Phone: 0866-2975601, 2975602
Visit the following links to know about hospitals in each district Reconized
For more details visit App
- Medical report explaining the type of disability
- Persons falling under the categories with a minimum of 40% disability are eligible for entitlement of all benefits provided by the Government.
- Applicant should be the citizen of India.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
- This card is valid for a period of five years from the date of issue.
- On expiry the card should be surrendered to the issuing authority and an application for issuing a new card should be submitted if required.
- In case the card is lost, new card will be issued on the payment of a penalty of Rs. 15/-
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- It may take 2-3 weeks to get approval from the higher authority.
Andhra Pradesh - Apply Identity Card For Differently Abled
- Fill the form carefully and submit it along with the mentioned documents.
- Attach the valid documents to get approval.
Following are the required information to apply for the identity card for differently abled persons
- Personal details
- Disability details
- Employment details
- Identity details
Need for the Document
- The Constitution of India promotes equality, freedom, justice and dignity of all individuals and implicitly mandates an inclusive society for all including persons with disabilities.
- According to the provisions of the Persons with Disabilities Act of 1995, it has identified seven categories of disabilities: blindness, low vision, leprosy cured, hearing impairment, loco-motor disability, mental retardation and mental illness.
- The disability pension is administered by the revenue department of Karnataka. There are two categories of allowance one is given to those who have disability below 75 % and are given Rs 400 per month. Those persons with disabilities who have above 75% disability are given Rs 1000 per month. This is fusion of Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension Scheme.
Information which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Empowerment of person disability- Content
More information which might help people in Narasaraopet can be listed here.