Wikiprocedure > India > Maharashtra > Nagpur

Nagpur - Apply for Change of Name

From Wikiprocedure
Jump to: navigation, search



The Gazette Department, the Government of Maharashtra provides online facility for user to Apply for Change of Name. User can read the instructions and fill the form. Online service is provided by the government to save time of the user. The portal is available in two languages, English and Marathi. user can select any of the preferred language. However, the application form can be printed and applied in person along with the necessary documents to Gazzette officer.

Apply Online through aaplesarkar :
  1. The applicant needs to register on the website Login
  2. The applicant can login using the credentials and fill the form as instructed.
  3. The applicant can fill the online application form for “Change of Name” in the citizen login section: Form
  4. Submit the application.
  5. After submitting the application, user will get a reference slip or number which should be kept for future reference.
  6. Status of the application can be tracked by the user in “Track your Application” section. For tracking the application, application id or reference number will be required.

Apply in Person:

  1. Applications can also be made in-person through the Gazette Department offices and sub-offices through the following link:
  2. You will be able to find the office location information and contact information under the following link :Office Locations
  3. Please make sure you have all the documents that are listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
  4. After the authorities validate your application and the documents that are submitted they will complete the change of name process.

Required Documents[edit]

Identity Proof (Any one)
  • Pan Card
  • PassPort
  • Aadhar Card
  • Election Card
  • Driving License

Proof of Address (Any one)
  • Passport
  • Ration Card
  • Electricity Bill
  • Age Proof (In Case of Minor)
  • Birth Certificate
  • Legal Document
  • Affidavit (In case Middle name change)

Optional Documents:

  • Marriage Certificate (if Any for Female after Marriage)
  • Affidavit ( If Any Made for any reasons like Adoptions etc )
  • Divorce papers ( Incase of Divorce ) etc

For Minor below 18 years (Mandatory Documents)
ID Proof: Aadhar card or School id or Aadhar Card
Address Proof: Ration card or Aadhar Card
Age Proof: Birth Certificate or Bonafide
Photo: One Passport Size Photo
Application Form : Duly Signed By Minor if possible and parents or Guardians

Photocopy of documents should be attached while applying in person and scanned documents should be uploaded while applying online. Keep all the documents in scanned form like JPEG, GIF and PDF, so that it can be uploaded while making online application on the website. If submitting in person, xerox copies needs to be attached.

Office Locations & Contacts[edit]

Further information and clarification can be obtained through following link: contact information
Gazette relation information can be obtained from the given link:Information
MahaOnline E-mail:[email protected] 
Helpline No:022 61316404 
Grievance Registration


Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.


Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.


Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid.
e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever

Documents to Use[edit]

Sample Documents[edit]

Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.

Processing Time[edit]

It takes Fifteen days for processing.

Related Videos[edit]

Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. 
Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. 	
Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation.
Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, 
sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube
width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed.
e.g In the following url '' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.


Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents.
e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.

Required Information[edit]

A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure.
1. Date of Birth.
2. City or County of Birth.

Need for the Document[edit]

This is a very common requirement used in a variety of different circumstances like

  • Gazette for Change of Name after Marriage for Women,
  • Gazette for Change of Name after Divorcee for females
  • Gazette for Change of Name in Birth Certificate & School LC
  • Gazette for Changing your Father’s / Middle name,
  • Gazette notification Spelling Mistakes in Old Name
  • Gazette notification for Change of Name After Adoption
  • Gazette notification for Changing Due to Numerology or Astrology
  • Gazette notification for Change of Name & Change of religion.

Information which might help[edit]

  1. Is Married Certificate Mandatory for Change of name after marriage cases in Gazette ?
    • Ans : No, for Change of name after marriage marriage certificate are not Mandatory, But if available providing it as a Supporting Document will enhance your Chances of approval.

  2. What is the gazzette office address in mumbai?
    • Ans : Ground Floor, Government Book Depot & Publication House, Near Charni Road Station, Charni Road, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Rd, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400004, but Since 2014, The Gazette Application process is Online.

  3. Can we change our address in gazette office?
    • Ans : No, Gazette notification is only for Change of Name, Change of Date of Birth & Change of religion.

  4. Is School LC accepted as Date of Birth Proof for Minor ?
    • Ans : No, Only Birth certificate issued by a Municipal Authority or any office authorized to issue Birth and Death Certificate by the Registrar of Births & Deaths or Bonafied issued by School.

  5. What are the documents required for Change of Name after Divorce ?
    • Ans : For Gazette Notification for Change of name after divorce, Apart from Basic documents like ID, Address proof etc Divorce decree is mandatory.
  • User manual for change in name:Name change
  • Gazette publications details can be obtained from following link:Publications

Other uses of the Document/Certificate[edit]

Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate.
e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.

External Links[edit]


More information which might help people.