Montenegro - Obtain an Identity Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Gather all documents you will need to present for the procedure.
- Fill up and submit the application form along with all other required documents. In the case of a minor, it will be the minor's parent, legal guardian or custodian who will submit the application form. The minor's presence during the application process is also required
- Pay all necessary fees.
- In filling up the application form, the citizen certifies the accuracy of the data supplied in the form.
- When an identity card is issued in the new form, the old ID card will have to be surrendered by the citizen to the body for its cancellation.
- Completed application form
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of citizenship
- Proof of payment of all necessary fees
- For those unable to attach a photo in their application, the applicant's photograph will be taken at the regional unit, during the application process.
- Montenegrin National ID, previously issued passport or other identification document that will confirm the data written in the application form.
Note: It is not necessary to submit proof of your blood type.
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of Interior
Headquarters: 020 242 299
Phone: 020 241 590
Fax: 020 246 779
E-mail: [email protected]
ASK: 020 224 770
Secretary of State: 020 225 206
E-mail: jadranka.vojinovic @ mup.gov.me
All Montenegrin citizens over the age of 14 and residing in Montenegro, are entitled to obtain a national ID card.
- Application Form: 5.00 euros
- Replacement fee for lost ID cards: 3.00 euros
Note: Information regarding the payment method will be available/posted on bulletin boards and counters in different regional units.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Application forms to obtain a national identity card are submitted to the regional unit or division of the internal administrative affairs that covers the area where the citizen resides.
The minor's parent, legal guardian or custodian will be the one to submit the application form on their behalf. The minor's presence during the application process is also required.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A national identity card is a national document that may be presented by a citizen to identify himself. All adult citizens of Montenegro residing in the country must possess a valid national identity card.
National identity cards are issued in accordance with the Law on Identity Cards ("Official Gazette of Montenegro", no. 12/07).
Following are procedures on how you can obtain a national identity card in Montenegro.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Senegal's Department of Interior:
More information which might help people.