Montenegro - Obtain a Passport
Revision as of 09:07, 28 December 2017 by Wesley (Created page with "==Procedure== #Gather all documents you will need to present for the procedure. #Fill up and submit the application form along with all other required documents. #Pay the pass...")
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Gather all documents you will need to present for the procedure.
- Fill up and submit the application form along with all other required documents.
- Pay the passport application fee.
- Passport application shall be rejected if the citizen is convicted of an offense and was sentenced to be imprisoned unconditionally.
- Passports are issued individually, parents must obtain a separate passport for their minor children.
- Completed application form
- A birth certificate
- Certificate of citizenship, in case the applicant does not have an identification card issued on the new form
- Proof of payment of the application fees
- Montenegrin National ID, previously issued passport or other identfication document that will confirm the data written in the application form.
- For those unable to attach a photo in their application, the applicant's photograph will be taken at the regional unit, during the application process.
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of Interior
Headquarters: 020 242 299
Phone: 020 241 590
Fax: 020 246 779
E-mail: [email protected]
ASK: 020 224 770
Secretary of State: 020 225 206
E-mail: jadranka.vojinovic @ mup.gov.me
Citizens of Montenegro are eligible to apply for and obtain a passport.
Obtaining a passport
- Application Form: 15.00 euros
- Administrative Fee: 25.00 euros
For lost passport
- Advertisement Fee (Official Gazette of Montenegro): 5.00 euros
- Administrative Fee: 5.00 euros
Note: Information regarding the payment method will be available/posted on bulletin boards and counters in different regional units of the Department of Interior.
The passport is valid for 10 years.
Passports issued to Montenegrin citizens younger than 4 years old are valid for a period of 2 years.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
If you are residing in Montenegro, you may submit your passport application form to the regional unit or division of the Ministry of Interior that covers your area of residence.
For Montenegrin citizens who have been living outside Montenegro for 3 months, may file their passport application to the nearest diplomatic or consular post of Montenegro in the country they are currently in.
Passport application for minors are submitted by their parent(s), it must be accompanied by a written consent issued by the minor's other parent or legal guardian.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A passport is a document, issued by the national government. It certifies the identity and nationality of the holder for travel abroad. It contains information about the holder; like name, gender, date and place of birth.
This document does not in itself entitle the passport holder entry into another country, nor consular protection while abroad nor any other privileges. However, it does normally allows the passport holder to return to the country where the passport was issued.
Rights to consular protection arises from international treaties, while the holder's return to the issuing country depends on the laws prevailing in that country.
Following are procedures on how you can obtain a passport in Montenegro.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Senegal's Department of Interior:
More information which might help people.