Montenegro - Apply for Visa
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- The foreigner shall submit the visa application form to the consular and diplomatic representative office of Montenegro, in the country whose national the foreigner is, or in the country where he is staying based on a temporary or permanent residence permit.
- Fill out Visa Application form.
- Submit required documents along with the completed form.
- The authorized officer may invite the applicant for an interview. The foreigner shall personally respond to the invitation.
- The authorized officer will approve the visa application.
- Visa will be issued.
- valid travel document (the period of validity of the travel document should exceed that of the visa's by three months);
- one color photo 35x45 mm;
- proof of the purpose of stay in Montenegro (letter of guarantee by a physical person or letter of invitation by a legal *entity, state authority inMontenegro or organizer of an international conference or event);
- proof of ensured accommodation (receipt from a tourist arrangement, hotel or other type of accommodation reservation that has been paid in);
- proof of possession of means for sustenance during his stay in Montenegro, as well as for return into the country where he comes from or for travel into a third state (cash, a bank account, travelers checks, credit cards etc.);
- proof of the means of travel and intention to return into the state where a foreigner comes from or into a third state (a return airplane or other transportation ticket, a driving license);
- proof of health insurance;
- proof that the consular fee has been charged, as well as other corresponding documents based on which the purpose and ensured accommodation in Montenegro can be determined
Office Locations & Contacts
DIRECTORATE GENERAL FOR CONSULAR AFFAIRS
ADDRESS: Stanka Dragojevi?a 2, Podgorica, Montenegro
E-MAIL: [email protected]
TELEPHONE: +382 (0)20 416 380
FAX: +382 (0)20 247 607
CONTACT PERSON: Director General - eljko Stamatovi?
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
The validity of Montenegrin visa depends on its type.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- A foreigner shall submit a visa application personally. In exceptional, justified cases, a foreigner does not have to apply for a visa personally, but does need to appear at the diplomatic or consular representative office once it is issued.
- For a foreigner who is minor, i.e. legally incapable, visa application shall be filed by a parent or his legal representative.
- Foreign citizens coming from countries in which Montenegro, Serbia and Bulgaria have no diplomatic or consular posts may send a visa application and a copy of the data pages of their passport to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Montenegro by fax: + 382 20 225 702 or by email: [email protected]
- A short-stay visa (C visa) can be issued to a foreigner if he is in a possession of letter of guarantee by a physical person or letter of invitation by a legal entity, state authority in Montenegro or organizer of an international conference or event, ensured accommodation, ensured means for sustenance and health insurance.
- Application form shall be written in Montenegrin, English and French and as required, in the official language of the country where the application is submitted.
- A foreigner shall fill out the application in legible print.
- Name and surname
- father and mother's name
- date of birth
- place and country of birth
- current nationality
- original nationality
- marital status
- passport information
- type of visa applied for
- place of stay in Montenegro
- duration of stay
- spouse information
Need for the Document
There are four types of visa which can be issued in Montenegro. These are the following:
- Airport Transit Visa
This may be issued to a foreigner for one or several transits through the airport international transit area, between internationals flights, without entry into the territory of Montenegro, with validity period of up to 3 months.
- Transit Visa
This may be issued for one, two or exceptionally several transits through the territory of Montenegro, with a validity period of up to 6 months. On the basis of a transit visa, a foreigner may stay in Montenegro for a period of up to 5 days upon each journey. Transit visa may be issued to a foreigner if he/she has secured entry into the state to which he/she is traveling. This visa may be individual and collective.
- Short stay visa (C)
This may be issued for one, two or multiple entries into Montenegro for tourist, business, personal or other purposes.
- Long Stay Visa
This may be issued to an foreigner for one, two or multiple entries into Montenegro, intending to stay in the territory of Montenegro over 90 days, but no longer than 6 months in the period of one year, counting from the date of first entry.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.