Mongolia - Obtain a Death Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To obtain a certified copy of a death certificate, go to your local soum or district state registration division.
- Do not forget to bring a valid identification. The registry personnel may ask for your ID in order to confirm your identity and make sure that you have the right to obtain the certificate.
- When you submit your request make sure that you have provided these important details which will make searching for the record easier:
- Name of the deceased
- Date of death
- Pay for the certificate and wait for instructions from the Registrar regarding when can you comeback to collect it.
If you are outside Mongolia
You can request for a copy of a death certificate by going to the nearest consular service office of Mongolia.
You may use the contact information provided under 'Office Locations & Contacts' section to get in touch with the office.
- Completed request form
- Valid identification
- If you are unable to obtain the certificate yourself:
- Written Proxy Statement
- Your Identity card or a copy of your identity card
- The identity card of the person (must be an adult) who will be applying for the procedure on your behalf
Office Locations & Contacts
CIVIL REGISTRATION OFFICE
Denver Street, Sukhbaatar District,
7th khoroo, 11th khoroolol,
Phone: (976-11) 320502, 1900-1890
Fax: (976-11) 320274
email : [email protected]
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Established on 23 November, 1940, by the resolution No. 44 of the Ministerial Council of the People’s Republic of Mongolia the State Registration office provides public service on state Civil registration, Property right’s registration Legal entitles registration and Intellectual property rights registration to public and business organization and citizens.
Consulate and Diplomatic Representative offices in overseas provided registration services accordance with the law.
- Name of the deceased
- Date of death
Need for the Document
A Death Certificate is a document containing the surname and first names, date of birth, sex of the deceased, date and place of death, registration number and date of issue.
A copy of the original death certificate is often needed to be presented in the following cases:
- claiming life insurance benefits;
- claiming pensions
- settling estates
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.