Manitoba - Guidance To Apply Student Loan
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
For part-time students (Paper applications are mandatory if the applicant is a part-time student or applying for a loan for a second time).
- To apply for a student loan, the applicant will need to fill in an application form that can be obtained from the Manitoba student aid office.
- Fill in the application form with all relevant details and attach documents where required.
- Take the completed application form to the Student Aid office at the school the applicant is enrolled in.
- The office will enter details such as information about the course and forward the application to the relevant authorities.
- The applicant will have to wait for the application to get approved and shall receive funds once their course starts.
- Social Insurance Number
- Total income amount from last year
- Alberta driver’s license (or)
- Any other identification documents such as:
- Application form
Office Locations & Contacts
Email: [email protected]
Manitoba Student Aid
401-1181 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G OT3
Manitoba Student Aid
362-340 9th Street
Brandon, Manitoba R7A 6C2
Canada and the USA call toll-free: 1-800-204-1685
- The applicant must be a Canadian citizen or have permanent residency.
- The applicant must have a valid SIN.
- The applicant must be a resident of Manitoba.
- The applicant must show financial need.
- The applicant must show academic progress and achieve satisfactory scholastic standing in each period of post-secondary study.
- The applicant must not be in jail or have a warrant out for their arrest.
- Any loan the applicant has must show good standing.
- Find full eligibility criteria here Link
The applicant does not need to pay fees to apply for a student loan.
- The student loan is valid for a period of 12 months after which the applicant will need to apply for a loan again if they continue studying.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- It takes 2 days to process online applications.
- Paper applications take about 5-8 weeks to process.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- It is recommended that the applicant has to apply as early as possible for a student loan.
- The applicant will need to apply for a student loan yearly depending on how long the duration of their course is.
- For part-time students, they must apply at least 4-6 weeks before their course starts.
- Student information
- Last name
- First name
- Middle name
- Marital status
- Maiden name
- Citizenship status
- Apt or box number
- Street address
- Postal code
- Notification preference
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Have you lived in Alberta all your life
- Do you have a permanent disability
- Indigenous status
- Date completed
- Total income
- Emergency contact information
- Educational institute
- Program name
- What year of the program will you be in
- Tuition information
- Requested amount
- Monthly child support you pay
- Employment insurance
- Income from other sources
Need for the Document
- A student loan is a type of loan that is designed to help students pay for post-secondary education.
Information which might help
- Loan repayment estimator Link
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.