Maharashtra - Apply for Military School Scholarship
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Eligible students studying at any Sainik School in India are awarded scholarships from their respective state of domicile or from central government based on certain criteria. State Government scholarships are usually provided on the basis of parent’s income. Central Government scholarships are provided to wards of serving / Ex-Service personnel.
- Scholarships for students studying at any Sainik School or Military schools can be applied directly through the respective institutions.
- To get access to the contact details and official websites of state wise institutions, click on the following link > scroll down to “Sainik Schools” > Select your preferred school and on the right-side box of the page you could view the location details and to view the website, click on “School Official website” at the end of the box: State wise Sainik Schools
- To apply for the scholarship, approach the respective institution and check for eligibility.
- After obtaining information on eligibility, procure the scholarship form while applying for admission.
- Fill all the details of the scholarship form with accurate details.
- Attach all the required documents according to the list given under “Required Documents” section of this page.
- Submit the documents along with the completed application form at the respective institution.
- The school fee has to be initially paid by the applicant. After the institution receives the scholarship amount from the respective authority, the money will be reimbursed to the applicant’s account.
For scholarship awarded by State
- Passport size photograph of Student
- Maharashtra Nativity /Domicile certificate as in the proforma issued by the school.
- Application for scholarship.
- Income Certificate (including unemployment certificate of the father/ mother whichever is applicable).
- Previous Year Mark Sheet of Student
- Caste Certificate
- Latest Bank Statement
- Photocopy/Scanned copy of AADHAAR
- Scanned copy of Fee Structure
- Scanned copy of Fee Receipts
- Bond (Stating that the recipient of the scholarship will take the NDA entrance examination after his education)
- Agreement (Stating that the recipient of the scholarship will NDA entrance examination after his education)
- Declaration that the boy is not in receipt of any scholarship or concession from any other source.
- Any other Document (relevant to scheme)
Other proofs and documents may be required for scholarship awarded by central document to wards of serving / Ex-Service personnel
Office Locations & Contacts
To get access to the contact details and official websites of state wise institutions, click on the following link > scroll down to “Sainik Schools” > Select your preferred school and on the right-side box of the page you could view the location details and to view the website, click on “School Official website” at the end of the box: State wise Sainik Schools
For any other assistance regarding central government scholarship, contact Sainik Board offices.
Sainik Welfare Offices: Link1, Link 2
Scholarships are usually awarded to students after 6th grade
For Scholarship awarded by the State
- Candidate’s parents must be a permanent resident of Maharashtra.
- Only male candidates are awarded scholarships.
- Income eligibility Maharashtra
For Scholarship awarded by Central Government
- Candidate must be the son of serving / Ex-Service personnel up to the rank of Junior Commissioned Officers or of Other Ranks of the Army or equivalent ranks in the Navy or the Air Force.
- Please inquire about the application fee while applying in person.
- The scholarship has to be renewed every academic year.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Please inquire about the processing time at the institution while applying for the scholarship.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Make sure to fill accurate details. Forged documents or incorrect details could lead to legal action or the scholarship could get cancelled.
- All scholarship holders are obliged to take the NDA Entrance Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission during +2 stage after passing Class XI.
- Details of the student
- Details of the parents
- Permanent address
- Correspondence address
- Institution and course details
- Bank details
Need for the Document
- Eligible students could get yearly scholarships to study at Sainik Schools by availing this scheme.
Information which might help
Scholarship details Maharashtra
Most scholarships are provided on the basis of an agreement that the student would contest for NDA exam. If the candidate fails to do so or if the candidate does not join the defense after selection, the complete scholarship amount received has to be paid back to the respective scholarship provider.
Details of Defence Scholarship.
For wards of Serving Personnel:
- Children of NCOs and ORs: Full Scholarship - Rs.32,000-00
- Children of JCOs: Half Scholarship - Rs.16,000-00
- Children of Officers: Scholarship - Rs.32,000-00
For wards of Ex-Servicemen:
- Ex NCOs & ORs: Full Scholarship - Rs.32,000-00
- Ex JCOs: Half Scholarship - Rs.16,000-00
- Ex Officers: No Scholarship
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.