Maharashtra - Apply for Liquor Shop or Sale License (Permit)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- In India liquor license in mandatory for selling alcohol. In general, liquor stores, pubs, clubs, discos, bars, hotels, and restaurants own a license to sell alcohol.
- Based on the requirement or as per department decision, invitation to apply for a liquor shop will be announced for a particular region too. Those who are eligible shall make application in the prescribed format.
- Please approach concerned Assistant Commissioner of Prohibition and Excise appointed for each district.
- Link for contact details : Contact link AND link2
- Go to the license issuing authority of your area to do the preliminary round of discussion to obtain the license. If the area proposed is accepted, then the applicant can arrange finance requirement and all other mandatory requirements to apply.
- Applicant shall collect the application form from the authority or write as advised.
- Link for application form : link please download applicable form.
- Complete the application form. Attach all mandatory documents as per our required document section. Submit this set to the receiving authority along with applicable fees.
- Submitted application will be verified by the authorities. If all are in place submitted application will be accepted.
- Applicant will be provided with receipt for submission of application. Please keep it safe for future reference. Authorities will inform about the successive steps.
- This application will be processed further by the department.
- Applicant gets intimation from the department about the application progress. Follow the notification.
- There will be inspection cum verification process from the department authorities/respective police department / police station on a scheduled date.
- The premises will be inspected by the concerned authorities and documents in original will be verified and security deposit if applicable will be advised to pay.
- This application along with inspection/verification report will be submitted to the issuing authority concerned.
- Based on the advice and report the rest of the process will be completed.
- Post verification, a notice shall be posted by the concerned state authority on your personal or business address, declaring your name and the license details.
- The notice so displayed shall be open for any objections raised by the local people, which will be communicated to the concerned department.
- In case an objection is raised, applicant will be given a right to defend themselves. In case, no objections are raised, the authority will review the application and grant you the Liquor License.
- The status, viz. Approval or Rejection if any will be conveyed to the applicant through an SMS.
- If approved, the certificate will be issued as per applicable norms.
- If required Collector with previous sanction of Excise Commissioner will sanction the permit.
- Grant or rejection of permission is sole discretion of authorities.
- To apply online, the applicant shall follow the given aaple sarkar link: Link and click on the "New User? Register Here" tab.
- From the given options, select any one mode to create User ID and Password.
- Now verify UID or Create your own user profile using OTP verification on your mobile.
- A new page will open up where the applicant has to fill up all the personal detail(Name, D.O.B, Age, Gender, etc) in the portal.
- Now enter the address as per the document.
- After that provide mobile number and OTP, PAN No., UID No., and confirm password.
- Now upload a photograph between 5kB to 20kB in JPEG format.
- Now choose from the drop now menu any one of the Proof of Identity.
- Finally provide a Proof of Address by clicking from the menu on screen.
- Click on the declaration box and then click the "Register" tab.
- After login, click Link and then click on “Apply”.
- The applicant will get an application displayed.
- Fill up the application form correctly and pay the requisite fee.
- On completion, the applicant will be notified.
- You can check the status of the application in the portal by signing in with User ID and password.
- Application form.
- ID proof (Passport / Voter ID / PAN Card / Driving Licence)
- Residence proof (Passport / Voter ID / PAN Card / Driving Licence)
- Age proof
- A certificate of registration of your eating house permit (issued by the DCP).
- A No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the state Fire Service departments.
- A NOC from the local Municipal Corporation.
- List of the names of directors of the company.
- Proof about the legal status of the restaurant- whether it is a company, a partnership firm or another type of organization.
- Proof that the restaurant is in legal possession of the plot it is on.
- A certificate that validates the completion of the restaurant or the hotel building.
- Trade license from the local authority in your town or city
- MOA and AOA copy in case of companies
- Document of proof regarding applicant being an Income Tax assessment and Sale Tax assessment.
- Identity proof as well as address proof of the applicant.
- Income Tax returns.
- An affidavit stating that the person applying has no history of a criminal record or pending dues to the government.
- Aadhar Card
- Applicants Photo
- Self-attested copy of the applicable documents should be attached
- Apart from the above listed documents, authorities may ask for additional information or document. Please provide them for smooth processing.
Office Locations & Contacts
State Excise Commissionerate, Maharashtra,
The Old Custom House, 2nd Floor, Fort,
Horniman Circle, Mumbai, 400001
Ph : 022 – 22660152
For contact details : online link
- In case of individual,
- Above the age of 21 years or as per state norms.
- Who is a citizen of India or a Person of Indian Origin (P.I.O.)
- a firm
- a company
- a society.
- The license holder shall not use liquor except for the purpose mentioned.
- Liquor should be obtained from an authorised dealer.
- The license holder shall not use liquor except for the purpose mentioned.
- Applicant should pay License fee, Application fee, Annual privilege fee as per state norms.
- Charges are not same in all states of India.
- Please pay as per the department amendment. Authorities while applying will guide in brief.
- Valid for the financial year beginning from the 1st of April or the date of issue of the licence and ending with the 31st of March or as specified on the permit.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
60 to 90 working days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- The Excise Department is in charge of issuing Liquor license.
- It is important to have a thorough knowledge of the liquor laws prevailing in your state before applying for a liquor license.
- Name of the applicant
- Address of the applicant
- Father's Name
- email ID
- Mobile number
Need for the Document
- The liquor selling establishments are required to hold a license to sell alcohol, otherwise, the selling of alcohol is illegal and prohibited until registration for a liquor license is done.
Information which might help
- No liquor shall be exported outside the State except by the holder of a licence in prescribed form and in accordance with the applicable provisions.
- No shop shall be established within a distance of one hundred and fifty metres from any educational institutions or place of worship
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.