Maharashtra - Apply for License to Stock And Use Of Restricted Insecticide
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
To apply for License to Stock and Use of Restricted Insecticide the applicant must follow the below procedure.
- The applicant has to reach out to the licensing officer of the respective state agriculture department requesting the application form for applying the license.
- The contact link for agriculture department is available at the location & Contacts section below.
- The licensing officer grants the application form after receiving the prescribed fee from the applicant.
- If an insecticide is stored at more than one place, separate applications for license shall be issued in respect of every such place.
- The application form is available under the download forms section link: Application Form Link
- The licensing officer accepts the request only if the applicant satisfy the eligibility criteria as mentioned in the eligibility section.
- The applicant can download the application form fill up the requested details and then submit the application form to the licensing officer.
- The application fee can be sent as demand draft along with the application form and the supporting documents.
- The verification officer after validating the application form and the documents will provide you with an acknowledgement slip.
- Collect the acknowledgement slip and keep it safe for future reference. The application will be processed further internally by the concerned authorities.
- The applicant will get intimation for inspection of premises through post or mobile in case if required. The insecticide inspector will inspect the premises where the insecticide is stored.
- The reports are submitted to officer for reference.
- The licence officer may, after giving an opportunity of being heard, refuse to grant the licence.
- If all the criteria is satisfied the license will be granted. Once the license is ready, the applicant will receive an SMS or call on the registered mobile number to collect it.
- The applicant can collect their license copy from the licensing officer at the office by providing the acknowledgement slip.
The below documents are required
- Application form
- Rubber stamp in the company name
- Chemist Degree Certificate
- List of Lab equipment's
- ID proof
- Address proof
- Document of the shop and address proof
- Establishment certificate
- Aadhaar Card
- Qualification Certificate of staff
Office Locations & Contacts
Commissionerate of Agriculture,
M.S. Central Building 3'rd floor, Pune, 411001
Phone: 020 2612 3648.
Email us at: [email protected]
Contact – Contact
- Any person who applied for license for undertaking pest control operations should be at least a graduate in Agriculture or in Science with Chemistry as a subject with a certificate of minimum 15 days training from any of the following Institutions—Central Good Technological Research Institute, Mysore; Indian Grain Storage Institute, Hapur and National Plant Protection Training Institute, Hyderabad.
- Every person shall along with his application for license to undertake operation of insecticides, file a certificate from the principal whom he represents or desires to represent.
Application fee details shall be provided by the concerned licensing officer.
A license granted under insecticides (Amendment) Act, is valid for a period of 2 years unless it is suspended or cancelled earlier after which must be renewed on payment of renewal fee as prescribed.
Documents to Use
License form : Application Form
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
The time take for processing the application is 30 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- The license and any certificate shall be kept on the approved premises and shall be produced for inspection at the request of an Insecticide Inspector appointed under the Act or any other officer or authority authorized by the licensing officer.
- Any change in the name of the expert staff, named in the licence, shall forthwith be reported to the licensing officer.
- The "Restricted Use" classification restricts a product, or its uses, to use by a certificated pesticide applicator or under the direct supervision of a certified applicator.
- They have the potential to cause unreasonable adverse effects to the environment and injury to applicators or bystanders without added restrictions.
- The restricted use pesticides and their use on specific pests and under specific circumstances must be clearly mentioned while applying for the license.
- A product who’s labelling bear’s directions for end use and that has been classified for restricted use must be labeled in accordance with the standards set by the government.
- Name Address and email address of the applicant a Name
- Residential Address
- Premises situated at
- Phone Number
- Email ID
- Qualification of the applicant/the technical personnel under employment of the applicant.
- registration number
- product name
- company number
- company name
- percent active ingredient(s)
Need for the Document
- For the use of the insecticides banned and labelled by the government as restricted insecticide the applicant must obtain the corresponding license from the government. In case of failing to acquire the appropriate license the applicant is responsible for the consequences.
- Even after getting the license at most precautions must be taken while handling them to ensure safety.
Information which might help
- Any product classified for restricted use shall not be advertised unless the advertisement contains a statement of its restricted use classification.
- An end-use product will be restricted to use by certified applicators (or persons under their direct supervision).
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what other uses of obtaining this document /certificate are. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity
1.Aaple Sarkar: Link
If the requestor of license has failed to comply with the conditions subject to which the license was granted or has contravened any of the provisions of this Act or the rules made there under. Then, without prejudice to any other penalty to which the request of the license may be liable under this Act, the licensing officer may, after giving the requestor of the license an opportunity of showing cause, revoke or suspend the license.