Maharashtra - Apply for Inter Caste (Community Free) Marriage Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for inter caste marriage certificate, the couple shall approach the nearest office of the concerned collector / SDO / tahsildar / the designated appropriate authority for your area.
- Link for the office contact details link1 AND Panchayat contact link in the given page please select the hyper link against respective state as per requirement for contact details AND Link2 AND Link3 please select the district as per the map to reach next page. In the given page please select menu option “DIRECTORY>PUBLIC CONVENIENCE>Municipality” OR “DIRECTORY>PUBLIC UTILITIES > Municipalities” OR “ABOUT THE DISTRICT” > “Who’s (Whose) who” to get contact details.
- Go to the respective office and consult with the designated authority to know the applying procedure. Based on the advice and availability of this service, collect the application form or write on a plain A4 sheet as advised.
- Complete the application form. Attach all the documents as per our “Required Documents” section and submit it to the designated authority.
- Authorities will check the submitted application and document set. If all are in place, the application will be accepted with applicable fees as applicable.
- Authorities will make entries about this application in the manual record or electronically using computer. The applicant will be provided with a record number as acknowledgement for future reference.
- Applicant will be informed of the probable date of getting certificate.
- This application will be processed further. Concerned authorities will verify the applicant’s details and submitted documents.
- This certificate is issued based on the details given in the application, local enquiry, facts and records produced.
- ”SMS” triggered update on application status will be sent to the applicant’s mobile.
- The status, viz. Approval or Rejection if any will be conveyed to the applicant through an SMS.
- If approved, the certificate will be hand delivered or sent through post to the address mentioned while applying or issued as per applicable norms.
- Applicant has to bring original documents to the applying office while applying for cross verification purpose and scanning if required.
- Without cross signature on photograph and signature on undertaking, the application will be rejected
- Applicant may be asked to apply with the specific format as advised by the respective benefit providing government departments. In that case, applicant shall use the format to apply.
- Application form
- Marriage registration certificate
- Permanent community certificate of the groom
- Permanent community certificate of the bride
- Address proof of current residing address which should be on bride or grooms name (Proof of Address- Voter ID/ Ration Card/ Passport/ Driving License).
- Identity proof of bride and groom (Voter ID / Passport / Aadhaar card / Driving licence)
- Resident/Domicile certificate as per requirement
- Election/Voters ID
- Ration card of bride or groom as per the applying area
- Separate marriage affidavits (notarized) in prescribed format from husband and wife
- Combined photo of husband and wife
- 2 passport sized photographs as per requirement
- Aadhaar card
- Apart from the above documents, authorities may ask for additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.
- All documents must be self-attested.
Office Locations & Contacts
Email : [email protected]
- Applicant should be a citizen of India.
- Applicant should be the permanent resident of the respective state.
- One of the spouses must belong to scheduled caste or as per the state norms are eligible to apply.
- The couple with marriage registration certificate are eligible to apply.
- Please pay as authorities quote while applying.
- Please pay the applicable Service Charge, Printing Charge and Scanning Charge as appropriate.
- The certificate issued is valid as long as the couple is not divorced or valid for a specified minimum period on the certificate.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- The whole process shall be completed within 7 days to 15 days of receipt of the application..
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Any wrongful identification and certification of beneficiaries shall attract severe disciplinary action against the concerned.
- Do not submit fake documents as a proof to get this certificate.
- Incomplete application will be rejected.
- Avoid spelling mistakes while filling the application form.
- Applicant will be penalized if any information provided by the applicant while applying for this certificate is being found false or incorrect.
- Name of the applicant
- Address of the applicant
- Name of the spouse
- Address of the spouse
- Caste of bride and groom
- Date of marriage
- Details of marriage registration certificate
- Applicant father name
- Applicant mother name
- Ward / panchayat name
- District name
- Date of application
- Mobile number
- Email ID
Need for the Document
- There are many benefits offered by the government for inter caste marriage couples. To avail these schemes, the couple need this certificate.
- These government schemes are provided to inculcate and promote equality and tolerance amongst all persons of the community.
- To abolish caste and community feelings based on birth and wiping out the evils of untouchability by encouraging inter-caste marriage.
Information which might help
- Please contact the social welfare department of your district to know about the benefits and incentives offered to the inter caste marriage couple.
It is a punishable offence to try with fraudulent documents to get this certificate
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.