Maharashtra - Apply for Insecticide License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicant has to get the letter head for the firm and should get required document as per our page.
- Applicant should go to the Director of Agriculture to apply.
- Please follow our office location and contact session to get contact details.
- Please collect the appropriate application form as per officer’s advice or can be downloaded from the following link: link scroll down in the page for the form.
- Submit the completed application with required documents as mentioned in our required documents session.
- After accepting the application, officials will advise the amount to be remitted as per the mode (treasury challan or as acceptable).
- Applicant after remitting the mentioned amount, should provide the same to the department authority for processing.
- Applicant will get intimation for inspection of premises.
- Authorities will inspect the business place and do the due diligence for the machine / other apparatus as mentioned in application by applicant.
- Once all the process yields satisfactory result, Applicant gets intimation to collect the License.
- On the said date, applicant can collect the license.
- Licensing officer will provide information on educational requirements.
- If the applicant is not having eligible education then he can hire a person with respective discipline and should get the written document as advised by officials for his or her concern.
- In case of pesticide commercial license - applicant should be at least a graduate in Agriculture or in Science with Chemistry as a subject with a certificate of minimum 15 days training from any of the following Institutions-Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysore, Indian Grain Storage Institute, Hapur and National Plant Protection Training Institute, Hyderabad.
Apply Online - Maharashtra Apply for Insecticide License Online with Images
- To apply online, the applicant shall follow the given aaple sarkar link: Link and click on the "New User? Register Here" tab.
- From the given options, select any one mode to create User ID and Password.
- Now verify UID or Create your own user profile using OTP verification on your mobile.
- A new page will open up where the applicant has to fill up all the personal detail(Name, D.O.B, Age, Gender, etc) in the portal.
- Now enter the address as per the document.
- After that provide mobile number and OTP, PAN No., UID No., and confirm password.
- Now upload a photograph between 5kB to 20kB in JPEG format.
- Now choose from the drop now menu any one of the Proof of Identity.
- Finally provide a Proof of Address by clicking from the menu on screen.
- Click on the declaration box and then click the "Register" tab.
- Now login with the user credentials.
- After login, click Link and then click on “Apply”.
- The applicant will get an application displayed.
- Fill up the application form correctly and pay the requisite fee.
- On completion, the applicant will be notified.
- You can check the status of the application in the portal by signing in with User ID and password.
- GST details
- Application form.
- Application form online link: link scroll down in the page for the form.
- Letter head
- Rubber stamp in the company name
- Chemist Willingness Letter
- Chemist Bio-data (Diploma or degree holder –details can be obtained from the office while you visit for applying)
- Chemist Appointment Letter
- Chemist Degree Certificate
- List of Lab equipment's
- List of Straight Micronutrients
- Additional documents (If Any)
- ID proof
- Address proof
- Document of the shop and address proof
- Establishment certificate
- Aadhaar Card
- An undertaking that applicant shall abide by the terms and conditions of the insecticides Act, 1968.
Office Locations & Contacts
- Any person desiring to manufacture or to sell, stock or exhibit for sale or distribute any insecticide, or to undertake commercial pest control operations with the use of any insecticide is eligible to make an application to the licensing officer for the grant of a license.
- Education criteria is mandatory. Please check with licensing officer for division level agriculture department
As the fees structure varies with the type of business and type of insecticide classified, licensing officer whom applicant applies with will provide fee details.
A license granted under insecticides (Amendment) Act, shall be valid for the period specified therein, May be renewed from time to time for such period and on payment of such fee as may be prescribed.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Any person desiring to manufacture or to sell, stock or exhibit for sale or distribute any insecticide, or to undertake commercial pest control operations with the use of any insecticide may make an application to the licencing officer for the grant of a licence:
- Provided that any person engaged in the business of manufacturing or selling, stocking or exhibiting for sale or distributing any insecticide immediately before the commencement of this section shall make an application to the licensing officer for the grant of a licence within a period of [seventeen months] from the date of such commencement:
- Provided further that any person engaged in the commercial pest control operations immediately before the commencement of the insecticides (Amendment) Act, 1977 (24 of 1977), shall make an application to the licensing officer for the grant of a licence within a period of six months from the commencement of the said Act.
- Every application under sub-section (1) shall be made in such form and shall contain such particulars as may be prescribed.
- On receipt of any such application for the grant of a licence, the licensing officer may grant a licence in such form, on such conditions and on payment of such fee as may be prescribed.
- A licence granted under this section shall be valid for the period specified therein and may be renewed from time to time for such period and on payment of such fee as may be prescribed :
- Provided that where a licence has been granted to any person who has made an application under [the first proviso or, as the case may be the second proviso] to sub-section (1), that licence shall be deemed to be cancelled in relation to any insecticide, the application for registration whereof has been refused or the registration whereof has been cancelled, under this Act, with effect from the date on which such refusal or cancellation is notified in the Official Gazette.
- In prescribing fees the grant or renewal of licences under this section, different fees may be prescribed for the sale or distribution of insecticides for purposes of domestic use and for other purposes.
Licensing Authority The State Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint such person as it thinks fit to be licencing officer for the proposes of this Act and define the areas in respect of which they shall exercise jurisdiction.
- Full Name and Address of the applicant
- Full particulars of the names of insecticides handled in the period and the places at which the trade was carried on, and the principles whom he represented.
- Quantities handled during the past two calendar years
- Situation of the nearest premises where the insecticides will be (a) stored and (b) sold
Need for the Document
The Insecticide Rules of 1971 specify rules about manufacturing, testing and selling of insecticides in India.
Applications for the grant or renewal of a licence to sell, stock or exhibit for sale or distribute insecticides shall be made in Form VI or Form VII, as the case may be, to the licensing officer and shall be accompanied by the fees specified in the rules.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- License to carry Insecticide business at state level: https://aaplesarkar.mahaonline.gov.in/en/Login/Certificate_Documents?ServiceId=5459
- Maharashtra Right to Public services Act: https://aaplesarkar.mahaonline.gov.in/en
More information which might help people.