Maharashtra - Apply for Industrial Water Damage (Water Pollution Due to Industries)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To register a water pollution complaint caused by Industries, the applicant shall approach the respective district state pollution control board office as appropriate.
- Contact link
- The applicant shall use the contact information from the given page to find the concerned office as applicable. The applicant shall visit the respective office and brief the concerned authority about the incident. Please collect the application form from the concerned authority or write on a plain A4 sheet as advised.
- The registration of complaint is free of cost.
- Please complete the application form with the mandatory details and attach the required documents as per the “Required Documents” section of this page and submit it to the designated receiving authority.
- After receiving the application, authorities will check the application and documents. If all are in place, the application will be accepted.
- The authorities will make entries about this request in the manual record or electronically using the computer.
- The ”SMS” triggered update on application status will be sent to the applicant’s mobile.
- Once the department considers the complaint for further processing, the department will analyse the nature of damage that caused pollution to the environment (water).
- The damage caused by industrial chemicals or microorganisms contaminates a stream, river, lake, degrading water quality in the area and rendering toxic to humans or the environment.
- The authorities will collect the water samples to check the level of damage caused. If the test results show that the presence of the substances in the samples are more than the applicable or regulated norms, then the department will take actionagainst the industry for the damage as appropriate.
- The department will issue Show-Cause notices, takes legal actions and also issues directions for closure and stoppage of power supply, against erring industries / agencies for non-compliance of pollution control requirements.
- The status will be conveyed to the applicant through an SMS or the details of action taken on the complaint will be intimated by post to the address registered.
- The action against the complaint will be completed within 15 days or as per the department's timeline.
- Please look for “Toll free” number for the respective board to register public complaints.
- The department has categorized industries as Red, Orange, Green and White according to their pollution potential for effective monitoring.
- Based on the norms, the industries are classified as Large, Medium and Small.
- The department periodically monitors the industries based on category and size to ascertain the pollution levels.
- Application form or complaint letter
- Applicant’s proof of address (Ration card / Bank pass book / Telephone bill / Aadhaar card)
- Applicant’s proof of identity (Voter ID / Passport / Aadhaar card / Driving licence)
- Photograph supporting the complaint if any
- Water samples to support the damage (if required)
- Aadhaar card
- Additional documents (if any)
- Note: Apart from the above documents, the authorities may ask for additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.
Office Locations & Contacts
Maharashtra Pollution Control Board,
Kalpataru Point, 3rd and 4th floor,
Opposite: PVR Cinema, Sion Circle, Mumbai-400 022.
Contact link AND link2
Central pollution control board,
‘PariveshBhawan’, East Arjun Nagar,
Shahdara, Delhi – 110032, India.
Phone: 22307233 / 22304948
Email: [email protected]
Contact Link and link1
- Any individual / Organization / NGOs shall make complaint.
- A government department shall apply.
- The applicants who are 18 years and above are eligible to register the complaint.
- The environmental pollution complaint caused by Industries can be reported.
- No fees required.
- There is no period-based validity.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- The whole process can be completed within 15 days or as per the department’s timeline.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- There is a ban on setting up of highly polluting industries with in 1 km from water bodies.
- The industries must follow the respective state department norms for discharge into water bodies as well as for land disposal/applications.
- As per the regulations, no cooling water discharge shall be permitted in estuaries or near ecologically sensitive areas such as mangroves, coral reefs / spawning and breeding grounds of aquatic flora and fauna.
- Name of the complainant
- Mobile number of the complainant
- Email ID of the complainant
- Complete address of the complainant
- District, taluka and village of the particular industry
- Aadhaar card number
- Date of application
- Signature of the applicant
Need for the Document
- The role of an individual in environmental protection has a significant effect to tackle the menace of pollution.
- The government can provide better service only if the individuals are proactive.
- By registering or bringing the water damage caused by industries to the notice of the authorities, the damage can be stopped and measures can be adopted to keep the water body safe.
Information which might help
- Please use the water resources efficiently.
- Please spread awareness on water pollution and prevent it.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.