Maharashtra - Apply for Foreign Scholarship
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
The Social Justice and Special Assistance Department, the Government of Maharashtra provides online facility to user to apply for Foreign Scholarship. User can read the instructions and fill the form. Online service is provided by the government to save time of the user. The portal is available in two languages, English and Marathi; user can select any of the preferred language. However, the application form can be printed and applied in person along with the necessary documents to the Special Assistance Officer.
Apply in Person:
- Applications can also be made in-person through the Social Justice and Special Assistance Department (Government of Maharashtra) offices and sub-offices.
- You will be able to find the office location information and contact information under the following link:Contacts
- Please make sure you have all the documents (if any) that are listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- Fill the application form with the required information
- Submit the form in person to Social Justice and Special Assistance Department.
- After the authorities validate your application and the documents that are submitted they will process the application for foreign scholarship.
- Other Document
- Death Certificate of Parent
- Mandatory Document (all the document mentioned are mandatory)
- Aadhar Card
- Caste certificate
- Income Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Ration Card/Voter ID
- School Leaving Certificate
- Graduation/PG/GRE/TOFEL/IELTS mark sheet
- Letter from educational institution(abroad)
- Annual Approximate expenses for Foreign University
- Undertaking on Rs100 Stamp paper, if syllabus is not completed/partial then full cost of the government will be refunded
Photocopy of documents should be attached while applying in person and scanned documents should be uploaded while applying online. Keep all the documents in scanned form like JPEG, GIF and PDF, so that it can be uploaded while making online application on the website. If submitting in person, xerox copies needs to be attached.
Office Locations & Contacts
Further information and clarification can be obtained through following link: Contact Information
Social justice and special assistance department contacts
Commissioner social welfare, Pune Contacts
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It takes thirty days for processing of the certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
- Information related to foreign scholarship and it’s amendment could be obtained through following link:Scholarship
- Detailed information related to Scholarship for abroad studies could be obtained through following link:Detailed information
- Central Sector Scheme for National overseas scholarship for SC etc. Candidates National sscolarship.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.