Maharashtra - Apply for Food Business Operator (FBO) License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Every food business (manufacturing, processing, storage distribution and sale of food products) operator must compulsorily obtain FSSAI Registration or License
- Please approach the food and safety department to register.
- Link for contact details : link
- Obtain the application form from the respective counter OR download using the following link : link
- Submit the completed application form duly signed by the proprietor/partner or the authorised signatory as applicable.
- This application can be accepted or it may be rejected by the Department within 7 days from the application date and the fact will be intimated to the applicant in writing
- If the application is accepted, this application will be processed internally.
- Once scrutiny, verification and inspection (if applicable) are satisfactory, then the department will grant a registration certificate carrying unique registration number along with the photo of the applicant.
- To apply online, the applicant shall follow the link: Link.
- On the drop down menu, click on the “Application Licence/ Registration Fee: Rs 100- 7500 per year” option.
- On a newly opened page, click on “Apply for License/Registration” to proceed further.
- The applicant will be redirected to a newly opened page, where they need to select the state as “Maharashtra” and proceed further.
- A list of services and items will be displayed on the drop down menu, choose appropriately the required option and click on “Proceed”
- Now provide the details as asked and proceed to the next page.
- The applicant may see the page appear as “View Eligibility”, click on “Click here to Apply for registration of all business”
- An online application will open up, fill in the form with all correct details.
- Now click on “Save and Next”.
- On a newly opened page, upload the scanned copies of the “Required Documents”.
- Now pay the requisite fee and “Submit”
- On successful application, the applicant will be acknowledged.
- Save the acknowledgement and receipt/references for future.
- The applicant may receive the license at their residence or collect it from the concerned office or download it through the portal itself.
- Please use the following link for details of documents to be attached.
- Link: link1 and Link2Select the appropriate option to view the required documents.
- Application form: form B
- Aadhaar card
- Passport size photograph
- Self Declaration
- Blueprint / layout plan of processing unit
- List of directors / proprietors / partners as applicable
- Photo ID and address proof of the above people as applicable
- Machinery details
- Analysis report
- Proof of possession of premises
- Partnership deed / affidavit
- Cooperative certificate if applicable
- NOC & copy of license from manufacturers (in case of repacking)
- Food safety management plan
- Raw material source (Milk/meat)
- pesticide residue report
- NOC from municipality or local body
- Form IX - board resolution
- Declaration form (In case of Delhi & Himachal Pradesh)
- Note : Please show above mentioned documents in original and attested copies thereof (to be submitted) at the time of applying.
Office Locations & Contacts
Food and Drug Administration,
Survey No. 341, 2nd Floor, BandraKurla Complex
Opposite Reserve Bank Of India, Bandra East,
Mumbai, Maharashtra 400051
Contact Link: link
Food Safety and Standard Authority of India
03rd & 04th Floor, FDA Bhawan, Kotla Road
nearBalBhawan New Delhi - 110002 India.
Toll free Number: 1800112100
Contact link: link
Please follow the link for eligibility criteria : link
Please use the following link for fees details. link.
- Maximum of five years and need to be renewed
- FBO should prominently display the certificate of registration at the place of business during the business hours.
Documents to Use
Sample DocumentsSelect the appropriate option to view the Sample documents.
7 to 30 days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed.
e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- Generally, FBO who are large manufacturers, importers, exporters dealing in large-scale food business need to obtain FSSAI registration from central government
- FBO with small to medium sized manufacturing units, transporters, marketers, traders, etc., need to take FSSAI registration from the state government.
Information which might help
For all other FBO apart from small-scale business, FSSAI license has to be obtained
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.