Maharashtra - Apply for Financial Assistance to Pregnant women under Indira Gandhi Matritva Sahayog Yojana (IGMSY)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
The Women and Child Development Department, the Government of Maharashtra provides online facility to user to apply for Financial Assistance to Pregnant women under Indira Gandhi Matritva Sahayog Yojana (IGMSY). User can read the instructions and fill the form. Online service is provided by the government to save time of the user. The portal is available in two languages English and Marathi, user can select any of the preferred language. However, the application form can be printed and applied in person along with the necessary documents (if any) to anganwadi sevika/supervisor.
- Apply Online through aaplesarkar :
- To apply online, the applicant shall follow the given aaple sarkar link: Link and click on the "New User? Register Here" tab.
- From the given options, select any one mode to create User ID and Password.
- Now verify UID or Create your own user profile using OTP verification on your mobile.
- A new page will open up where the applicant has to fill up all the personal detail(Name, D.O.B, Age, Gender, etc) in the portal.
- Now enter the address as per the document.
- After that provide mobile number and OTP, PAN No., UID No., and confirm password.
- Now upload a photograph between 5kB to 20kB in JPEG format.
- Now choose from the drop now menu any one of the Proof of Identity.
- Finally provide a Proof of Address by clicking from the menu on screen.
- Click on the declaration box and then click the "Register" tab.
- Now login with the user credentials.
- After login, click Link and then click on “Apply”.
- The applicant will get an application displayed.
- Fill up the application form correctly and pay the requisite fee.
- On completion, the applicant will be notified.
- You can check the status of the application in the portal by signing in with User ID and password.
Apply through Mobile APP:
- To apply via app, the applicant shall download the app from the given link: Link
- Select the preferred language
- A list of options will be provided from which the applicant must choose the concerned department
- Now a list of services will be displayed from which the applicant must select the required service
- The applicant must also provide the nature of service verification and click on “Apply” to proceed to verification
- Once verified, the applicant will be informed about the further process.
Apply Through Centres:
- To apply for Financial Assistance to Pregnant women under Indira Gandhi Matritva Sahayog Yojana (IGMSY) through centres, the applicant has to visit the respective “CSC” centre/sewa kendra. Please tap on the following link to locate the centre according to the respective district: link.
- Make sure to have the documents that are listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- An application form can be obtained through the kiosk operator upon visiting the centre.
- The applicant has to fill in all the necessary information in the application form.
- Submit the application form with “Required Documents” to the office. It is advised to take the documents in original to the kiosk for scanning purposes.
- The operator will process the application online.
- On successful submission, the applicant will receive an application number as acknowledgement. The applicant will also get a transaction number as a text message on their registered mobile number.
- Pay the fee as given in the “Fees” section of this page and collect the receipt.
- An ”SMS” triggered update on application status will be sent to the applicant’s mobile. Please keep track of the notification.
- Upon the satisfaction of the authorities, the permission will be granted according to the application.
Apply in Person:
- All the eligible and the needy adolescent girls can contact any of the person mentioned below to apply for the scheme in order to avail the benefits of the scheme.
- Anganwadi Workers at village level
- Supervisor at circle level
- Child Development Project Officers at the block level.
- Concerned District programme officer
- Anganwadi Workers at village level
- Applications can also be made in-person through the Women and Child Development Department (Government of Maharashtra) offices and sub-offices.
- You will be able to find the office location information and contact information under the following link :Office Locations
- Please make sure you have all the documents (if any) that are listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- Fill the application form with the required information
- Submit the form in person to Women and Child Development Department Maharashtra.
- After the authorities validate your application and the documents that are submitted they will allow for financial Assistance to Pregnant women under Indira Gandhi Matritva Sahayog Yojana (IGMSY).
Office Locations & Contacts
- Further information and clarification can be obtained through following link: Contact Information
- Women and Child Development Department contacts (Maharashtra) can be obtained through following link:Refer Link
- Women and Child Development Department contacts (Government of India) can be obtained through following link:Refer Link
- Any woman of more than 19 years of age may avail benefits of this scheme upon conceiving a baby. Those women eligible for paid maternity leave from respective organizations are not eligible for this facility
- No fees is required for the same
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It takes Fifteen days for processing.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Indira Gandhi MatritvaShayog Yojna (IGSMY) scheme at anganwadi for pregnant women: Information related to it can be obtained through following link (Marathi):Share Link
- The main objective the scheme is to provide cash incentive as compensation of wage loss to women during pregnant and lactating period as well as upgrade their health status and get nutritious food.
- After Enrolment Pregnant women can avail the financial benefits provided by the government. Government provides total Rs.6,000 in two installments. One at the time of child birth (Rs.3,000) and after child completes 6 months. (Rs.3,000).
- Currently scheme is applicable in Amravati and Buldhana Districts
Government of India launched one of the notable healthcare and developmental programmes for overall growth of society by supporting pregnant and lactating mothers under Indira Gandhi Matritva Sahyog Yojana (IGMSY). Started in 2010, this scheme is the brainchild of an initiative by the Ministry of Women and Child Development which started this e program for betterment of women and children in India to support society morally, financially and with best healthcare support to all those pregnant women and babies born who deserved such helps. Purpose of introducing IGMSY scheme was to offer better opportunity to lactating mothers, pregnant women and babies born to obtain better healthcare at the time of need. This scheme thus offers conditional monetary help given to women in the age group of 19 years or more from conceiving to lactating stage. The scheme is a major support to those women who had to face wage losses during conceiving and give childbirth. The scheme is a perfect partial compensation for losses incurred by the women concerned while they had childbirth, childcare and child rearing stages. With an aim to make the best use of IGMSY scheme, it was initially introduced in 53 districts throughout the country to assess the progresses. This scheme has proved a boon for women to have safe delivery and so should they maintain their nutrition value besides ensuring to continue with best feeding practices post childbirth.
Through launch of IGMSY scheme, it sets provisions were developed for timely and effective implementation of all provisions. This scheme has provisions based on the parameters which make achieving the following goals.
- Develop certain mechanisms to promote and practice thorough care to women from pregnancy to delivery and lactation period.
- Thorough guidance to women for proper nutrition and feeding practices.
- All types of financial assistances and grants to pregnant and lactating women.
IGMSY scheme implementation rules are also defined with specific eligibility criteria. Such steps have been taken through keeping in view best and timely utilization of resources. According to rules recommended, any woman of more than 19 years of age may avail benefits of this scheme upon conceiving a baby. Those women eligible for paid maternity leave from respective organizations are not eligible for this facility. According to IGMSY scheme anybody willing to avail benefits of such services and to get first phase of amount Rs. 1500/- must fulfill following terms and conditions:-
- Visit Anganwadi Center (AWC) to register pregnancy within 16 weeks of conceiving baby.
- Have taken IFA tablets or tetanus injection besides attending at least one prenatal care session.
- Having attended counseling sessions at healthcare or AWC centers.
Post pregnancy support of Rs. 1500/- is assigned once baby is born. One is eligible for that after three months of delivery provided one completes following process:-
- Registration of baby's birth
- Proper immunization of baby for OPV and BCG at birth
- Have attended 2 growth monitoring sessions within 12 weeks of baby's birth
Other monetary support is available within six months of a baby's birth. Lactating mothers are provided monetary help of Rs. 1,000 in this case for that she is also crosschecked for breastfeeding and immunize baby for OPV and DPT. Minute details are crosschecked and one is enquired for attending at least 2 counseling sessions about infant's growth monitoring and understanding nutrition of baby while feeding. Upon satisfactory crosschecking, this 3rd monitory support is for lactating mothers.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Maharashtra Right to Public Services Act
- Women and Child Development Department, Government of Maharashtra
- Ministry of women and Child Development, Government of India.
- Maharashtra State Commission for Women
- Maharashtra State Commission for Protection of Child Rights.
- Integrated Child Development Services Scheme, Maharashtra State.
- Online right to information from Women and Child Development Department can be obtained through following link:RTI