Maharashtra - Apply for Financial Aid for providing Hostel Facility to Transgenders
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Apply In Person:
- To Apply for Financial Aid for providing Hostel Facility to Transgenders, the applicant has to approach their respective District Social Justice Offices link
- The applicant can obtain the application form from the concerned officer.
- The applicant has to fill in all the necessary details in the application form. (Incomplete applications are not accepted)
- Make sure that the applicant has to attach all the necessary documents that are mentioned in the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- The applicant has to attach the photocopies of the required documents along with the application form while submitting.
- Submit all the documents with the completed form to the concerned officer.
- The fee for this procedure is free of cost.
- After receiving the application, the concerned authority will check the submitted application and document set. If all are in place, the application will be accepted.
- An acknowledgment receipt will be provided. Please save it for future reference, it contains the application summary and contact details of the person to be contacted.
- Then the application will be processed further. All the updates on the application status will be sent via SMS to the applicant’s mobile number.
- Once the process gets completed successfully, the applicant gets the financial assistance to their bank account.
- The processing time for this procedure is up to 15-30 days.
- Completed Application form
- Disability Identity card
- Transgender Identity card
- Declaration Statements from District Transgender Justice Board / District Social Justice Officer, House owner, from concerned Educational Institution.
Office Locations & Contacts
Social Justice & Special Assistance Department
1st Floor, Annex Building,
Mantralay, Madam Cama Road,
Hutatma Rajguru Chowk,
Nariman Point, Mumbai - 400032
Office Phone: 022-22025251, 22028660
Email: [email protected]
- Applicants pursuing courses in Government / Aided /Un-aided / Self-financing institutions can apply under this scheme.
- The Fee for this procedure is free of cost.
- During the commencement of each academic year the students have to submit a new application for getting the benefit of this scheme.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- This entire process can be completed in one month or as per the timeline advised by the respective department authority.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Applicants must complete the application form before submitting it. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Applicants must provide genuine information while applying for this procedure.
- Name of the applicant
- Date of birth
- Pin code
- Contact Details
- Name of the educational institution
- Address of the educational institution
- Bank Account Details
Need for the Document
- TG community is still ostracized in society and cannot take up job offers or continue education due to lack of accommodation facility. Though there has been improvement in the mindset of the people, still the stigma of giving transgender persons a house exists in society.
- Due to this problematic scenario, transgenders who are pursuing the scholarship scheme are forced to discontinue their studies. For addressing this issue, the Department of Social Justice has introduced a scheme that provides an amount of Rs 4,000/- or above as financial assistance to Transgender community as rent for finding hostel facility / accommodation.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Transgenders share the same hopes and dreams as any other individual in our society. 58 percent of TG students drop out before completing 10th grade (24 percent of TG students drop out even before completion of 9th grade. Reasons for this include- severe harassment making studies impossible and other gender related negative experiences at school. In order to help such school dropouts, continue their education, Social Justice Department has implemented scholarship scheme for Transgenders.