Maharashtra - Apply for Family Identity Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicant shall apply to the Rationing Office of his area / the District Supply Officer and the Thasildhar
- Link for contact: link AND link please select the district from the map provided on the page to reach respective district portal Here please select from the menu “DIRECTORY” > “PUBLIC FACILITIES” > “Municipality” for contact details.
- Go to the respective office and obtain the application form to apply for a ration card.
- Application form: link
- Fill all the necessary information in the application as required and sign at appropriate places.
- Do not fill any wrong information, otherwise the officer of the department will reject your application form.
- Attach all required documents, and submit the application along with document to the authority.
- On accepting your application, authority or clerk will check the details and issue a receipt as acknowledgement.
- Please keep it safe for future reference,
- This submitted application will be processed by the department, After ground level verification and physical inspection by the Supply Officer applicant gets notification.
- If all the process are successful, applicant will get the ration card as per delivery mode (delivered through postal or on hand)
- Note: User gets update on the phone as SMS
Apply through Aplesarkar
- Use the following link to reach online portal. Link: link
- click on “citizen login” to login or use “New user? register here…” option to create new user account. Once it is created, log in using username and password.
- In the given page after login, search for “Food & Public Distribution System (PDS)” and click on it. Then click on “Demand for new ration card” to reach respective page.
- Then fill necessary information required for application as prompted also upload required documents as applicable..
- Follow the screen prompt to apply online by hitting required tab.
- User will get an acknowledgement. Keep it safe for future reference.
- This application will be processed further.
- Applicant will get notification about the status of the process.
Apply through Mobile APP:
- To apply via app, the applicant shall download the app from the given link: Link
- Select the preferred language
- A list of options will be provided from which the applicant must choose the concerned department
- Now a list of services will be displayed from which the applicant must select the required service
- The applicant must also provide the nature of service verification and click on “Apply” to proceed to verification
- Once verified, the applicant will be informed about the further process.
Apply Through Centres:
- To apply for Family Identity Card through centres, the applicant has to visit the respective “CSC” centre/sewa kendra. Please tap on the following link to locate the centre according to the respective district: link.
- Make sure to have the documents that are listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- An application form can be obtained through the kiosk operator upon visiting the centre.
- The applicant has to fill in all the necessary information in the application form.
- Submit the application form with “Required Documents” to the office. It is advised to take the documents in original to the kiosk for scanning purposes.
- The operator will process the application online.
- On successful submission, the applicant will receive an application number as acknowledgement. The applicant will also get a transaction number as a text message on their registered mobile number.
- Pay the fee as given in the “Fees” section of this page and collect the receipt.
- An ”SMS” triggered update on application status will be sent to the applicant’s mobile. Please keep track of the notification.
- Upon the satisfaction of the authorities, the permission will be granted according to the application.
- Respective application form
- Address Proof (attested copy of PAN Card /Driving License / Bank Passbook / Post Office Passbook /Municipal Holding receipt / Electricity Bill / Telephone Bill).
- A copy of age certificate / school leaving certificate of the head of the family.
- A copy of income proof of the family - that income of the family is below from the prescribed limit (in order to apply for value based card).
- A copy of identity proof like voter ID card, driving license, Aadhaar card.
- Passport size photograph of the applicant.
- Self Declaration and Certificate From Pradhan/Ward Councillor.
- Mobile number or Email addresses(if available) may be filled up in the format to enable this department to send an automated message to the applicant on the status of the application.
- A self-addressed and stamped postal cover or postcard to enable the office to communicate the results to the applicant.
- Copy of Tax Pay / Land Revenue Pay receipt
- Tenancy agreement if the applicant is a tenant.
- Detailed particulars of family members
- Copies of birth certificates of minor members(Below 10 years in age)
- Surrender certificate of Ration Card/Family Identity holding or non-availability certificate from the FCS&CA authority where the applicant was previously resided (applying in new place)
- Aadhaar Card
- Note: Get the respective documents attested by gazette officer, MLA or MP or the municipal councillor as applicable.
Office Locations & Contacts
Office of the Controller of Rationing & Director of Civil Supplies,
Royal Insurance Bldg, 5th Floor,
14 - Jamshedji Tata Road,
Churchgate, Mumbai - 400020.
Ph : 9970151606
More details about the office location is provided in the following link : Address Details
DEPARTMENT OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT AND PANCHAYAT RAJ
Bandhkam Bhavan, 25, Mezban Path, Fort,
Ballard Estate, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001
Ph : +91 22060446
e-mail: [email protected]
Contact Link: linkPlease select the respective division names from the tabs to reach another page. Here select the name of the region for which the details are required. User will get the portal for the selected place. From here contact details for the zillparishad can be obtained to contact the block development officials.
- The applicant and his/her family must be Indian citizens and should be resident of the state.
- The applicant or his family members must not possess any family card in any State in India (If they had one, it has to be withdrawn).
- The applicant and members of the family must be close relatives.
- If you are newly married and have your name in your family ration card, you and your spouse should get name deletion certificates (Removing names from your respective family cards).
- Fee information can be obtained directly from the department office while applying.
- Usually valid for lifetime and will be renewed in 5 years or based on announcement.
Documents to Use
Application form: link
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
If your application is fair and complete, the processing time will be 2 – 3 week’s time
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
Following are the required information to apply..
- Applicant details (head of the family).
- Details of other family members and relation ship
- Date of Birth and age (of all the members).
- Address details.
- Occupation and designation of office held any
- Signature/thumb impression.
Need for the Document
- For implementation of the Targeted Public Distribution System(TPDS), Ration Card is being issued to all the heads of families, with details about family members included in the card. Based on their economic condition, people can buy goods like food grains, sugar and kerosene with the help of their ration cards.
- Ration card is a mandatory document for all individuals in India. It has to be renewed before it gets expired.
- Ration card is essential to apply for passport, PAN card or a domicile certificate or to even get the name registered for electoral rolls to get a Voter ID.
Information which might help
- The eligible sections of the society are provided with food grains and other items at highly subsidized rates.
- In different state the Ration card is categorized as per classification fixed by government.
- There are three types of ration cards were meant for
- Yellow Ration Card
- Saffron Ration Card
- White Ration Card
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people