Maharashtra - Apply for FSSAI License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for FSSAI license, you have to approach the Commissioner of Food Safety / Officer-In-Charge for Food Safety.
- To know the contact details click here: Link
- Obtain the application form from the respective counter OR download using the following link : Form
- Please make sure you are eligible to make the application by going through the eligibility criteria provided under the “Eligibility” section of this page.
- First download the Form from the link and fill all the required information and you need to submit the form to the Commissioner of Food safety department. The address is mentioned in the office locations & contacts section below.
- Please complete the application form and make sure you have all the documents that are listed under “Required Documents” section of this page.
- Pay the appropriate fees and submit the form to the Officer-In-Charge in the Food Safety department.
- Now the authorities will verify your application and validate the submitted documents.
- Authorities will inspect the facilities that are related to the FSSAI License and if they are satisfied with the standards followed the authorities will provide the franchise Permission.
- The applicant will be later requested to collect the FSSAI License on a specified date.
- To apply online, the applicant shall follow the link: Link.
- On the drop down menu, click on the “Application Licence/ Registration Fee: Rs 100- 7500 per year” option.
- On a newly opened page, click on “Apply for License/Registration” to proceed further.
- The applicant will be redirected to a newly opened page, where they need to select the state as “Maharashtra” and proceed further.
- A list of services and items will be displayed on the drop down menu, choose appropriately the required option and click on “Proceed”
- Now provide the details as asked and proceed to the next page.
- The applicant may see the page appear as “View Eligibility”, click on “Click here to Apply for registration of all business”
- An online application will open up, fill in the form with all correct details.
- Now click on “Save and Next”.
- On a newly opened page, upload the scanned copies of the “Required Documents”.
- Now pay the requisite fee and “Submit”
- On successful application, the applicant will be acknowledged.
- Save the acknowledgement and receipt/references for future.
- The applicant may receive the license at their residence or collect it from the concerned office or download it through the portal itself.
- Identity Proof Documents such as Ration Card, Department Issued ID, PAN Card, Passport, Senior Citizen Card, Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Voter ID Card
- Proof of Expected Annual Turnover(self-attested)
- List of Directors with full address and contact details (mandatory for companies only)
- Food Safety Management System plan or certificate (if any)
- Declaration Form
- Photo I.D and address proof issued by Government authority of Proprietor/Partner/Director(s)/Authorised Signatory
- Proof of possession of premises. (Sale deed/ Rent agreement/ Electricity bill, etc.)
- Partnership Deed/Self Declaration for Proprietorship/Memorandum & Articles of Association towards the constitution of the firm
- Form IX: Nomination of Persons by a Company along with the Board Resolution.
- Additional documents(If any)
- FSSAI portal After visiting the website, please scroll down and reach the end of the page. Then click Documents required option in the state or central license category as applicable.
Office Locations & Contacts
Commissioner of Food Safety,
Food and Drugs Administration Maharashtra,
S.No.341, Bandra Kurla Complex,
Madhusudan Kalelkar Marg,
Tel: 022-26592207, 26592207, 26590548
Email ID: [email protected]
Contact details: Contact Link
- Click the following link to know the eligibility : Eligibility link1 and
Please use the following link for fees details. Fees link.
- License is Valid for 5 years.
Documents to Use
Sample DocumentsSelect the appropriate option to view the Sample documents.
- It takes 30 days for processing the application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Link. Please click the following link to read the instructions.
- Name of the person.
- E-mail Id.
- Phone number.
Need for the Document
- To run any Kind of food related business need to get FSSAI license.
- The FSSAI license is needed for all activities linking to Manufacture, Process, Storage, Packaging and Distribution of foods.
Information which might help
- Carry all the necessary documents.
- You need to renew license before 30days from the expiry date otherwise you need to pay a huge amount as penalty.
- State Food license is issued to the local food business operating in a particular state in India.
- It is mandatory for food businesses operators whose yearly turnover is more than 12 lakhs and less than 20 crores.
- Make a photocopy of your filled form for future reference.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.