Maharashtra - Apply for Extract of Land Record (Patta)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- A “Patta” is a legal document issued by the respective state government in the name of the actual owner of the property.
- Those who are interested in getting an extract of land record (patta) shall approach the respective office of the taluk / Tahsildar within their jurisdiction where the property is situated.
- Link for the office contact details Link1 and Link2 please select the district as per the map to reach next page. In the given page please select menu option “DIRECTORY>PUBLIC CONVENIENCE>Municipality” OR “DIRECTORY>PUBLIC UTILITIES > Municipalities” OR “ABOUT THE DISTRICT” > “Who’s (Whose) who” to get contact details.
- Please go to the respective office. Consult with the designated authority about the applying procedure for getting an extract of land record (patta).
- Collect the application form or write on a plain A4 sheet as advised.
- Complete the application form. Attach the required documents as per our “Required Documents” section of this page and submit it to the designated receiving authority as advised.
- After receiving the application, authorities will check the submitted application and document set. If all are in place, the application will be accepted. Please pay the fees/charges if applicable and don’t forget to take the receipt.
- Authorities will make entries about this application in the manual record or electronically using the computer. A record number will be given as acknowledgement for receipt of the application form. Please collect it and keep it safe for future reference.
- Applicant will be informed of the probable date of getting the extract of land record (patta).
- This application will be processed further. Concerned authorities will verify the land details.
- Once the matching records are found, a printout of the extract from the town survey land register will be sent to the respective sanctioning department.
- Concerned sanctioning authority will approve the extract with seal and signature as per the format applicable.
- The status will be conveyed to the applicant through an “SMS”.
- Applicant shall revisit the office where they applied for this procedure to get the extract of land record (patta), or it will be delivered as per applicable norms.
- If the records are available online, the details of the said property can be obtained instantly.
- Application form
- Applicant’s Residence proof (Ration card / Aadhaar card / Telephone bill / Bank passbook)
- Applicant’s Identity proof (Passport / Aadhaar card / Voter ID / Driving licence)
- Copy of property documents (sale deed)
- Property tax payment receipt
- Proof of possession, such as the tax receipt or electricity bill
- Encumbrance certificate
- Ration card
- Aadhaar card
- Apart from the above documents, authorities may ask for additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.
Office Locations & Contacts
Email : [email protected]
- When a land is sold, the buyer is eligible to apply for an extract of land record(patta).
- A seller, who intends to sell his/her land, is eligible to apply for an extract of land record(patta).
- Applicant should have the valid land details (survey number, plot number, etc) to apply.
- Landowners are eligible to apply.
- Any individual, who is in need of such records, is eligible to apply.
- Please pay as per authority’s quote while applying offline.
- Stamp duty charges have to be paid as per requirement.
- The issued certificate is valid till the property is sold, mortgaged, subdivided etc.
- Based on sale, the new owner can avail this facility.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- The whole process shall be completed within 15 to 20 days from the receipt of the application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Incomplete application will be rejected.
- Avoid spelling mistakes while filling the application form.
- Applicant’s name
- Applicant’s father’s name
- Complete address of the applicant
- Details about the land required are as follows:
- Survey number
- Patta number
- Phone number
- email ID
Need for the Document
- The extract of land record (patta) endorses the real owner of a land.
- The extract of land record(patta) is beneficial to detect false claim on the lands.
- The extract of land record (patta) can be used in court litigations related to property.
- The extract of land record (patta) is needed for several things such as obtaining bank loans, selling properties, creating partition deeds, etc.
Information which might help
- A “Patta” is a legal and important document which acts as a revenue record of the specific piece of land.
- The “patta” will include:
- Locational details of the immovable property.
- Patta number.
- Name of the revenue circle.
- Owner name.
- Land area details.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what other uses of obtaining this document/certificate are. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.