Maharashtra - Apply for Electrical Supervisor Certificate (Workmen Permit)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Apply In-Person (With exam):
- To apply for the Electrical Supervisor Certificate, the applicant must be Localized in Maharashtra and provide local proof required such as gas connection bill or EB bill.
- If an applicant does not have Electrical Graduate Degree Certificate, they can avail to the Electrical Supervisor certificate/license by passing the exam which will be connected by the board.
- Also if the applicant has electronics graduate certified (other dept degrees), they will get the supervisor licence only after passing the examination.
- The applicant must fill the form C application form or Form D (to re-apply).
- The applicant must get attested in Form E from their previous or current employer.
- Three Copies of the latest passport size colour photograph of the applicant to accompany the application with name on the back.
- Self-attested copies of Photo Identity (Passport / PAN card / Aadhar card) to be submitted.
- The applicant must complete the online payment in Mahratass website.
- Then the applicant will get a call for examination.
- After passing the examination, the applicant will get an electrical supervisor license in Maharashtra.
Apply In-Person (Without exam):
- To apply for Electrical Supervisor Certificate, fill out the application form A: Link [Pg.13/52]
- The applicant must be localized in Maharashtra and submit photo with address proof, Degree certificate has to be attested by any electrical inspectorate grade officer along with the applicant’s attestation.
- Latest 4 number of passport size photos needs to be attested as well.
- Approach the PWD Office, Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra along with the documents and Rs. 400 fees.
- Ask for the Electrical License Department and handover the application form along with the documents to the respective officer.
- The applicant gets the license in two to three month from the date of application submission.
- The candidate must be a domicile of India.
- Self-declaration in own hand
- Testimonials of practical experience as an Electrical workman from any Licensed Contractor/Registered Company
- Scanned copy of Passport size photograph.
- Treasury Challan.
- Age proof Certificate. (PAN Card, School leaving certificate, Aadhar card, Birth certificate issued by Corporation / Municipality / Panchayat)
- Address proof (Domicile certificate / Aadhaar Card)
- ITI Electrician pass certificate.
- NCVT certificate.
- All scanned copies should be below 450 kb.
Office Locations & Contacts
Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co. Ltd.
1)Hongkong Bank Building, M.G. Road, Fort, Mumbai-400001.
2)Prakashgad, Plot No. G-9, Anant Kanekar Marg Bandra (E), Mumbai–400051
- The applicant must be a domicile of India.
- The applicant should possess workmen Permit Class VIII pass.
- The applicant should possess Electrical Supervisor’s Certificate of Competency Degree in Electrical Engineering or Diploma in Electrical Engineering or must be a person with 10 (Ten) years experience in electrical works.
- The applicant should have at least minimum of 3 years of work experience with the valid wireman license under a certified electrical contractor or a competency officer.
- Fees for the admission examination and test with every application Form for the first Certificate of Competency: Rs. 100/-
- Fees for the admission into examination and test with every application Form for each additional or subsequent class of Certificate of competency: Rs. 50/-
- Renewal fees for any class or classes of Certificate of Competency, if done within the time limit: Rs. 30/-
- Penalty for late renewal of Certificate of Competency-
- If renewed within a period of one year from the date of expiry: Rs. 20/-
- If renewed within a period of five years from the date of expiry: Rs. 20/- for each year of default.
- Fees for issue of a duplicate Certificate of Competency: Rs. 50/-
- The above rates shall also be applicable to candidates who have been exempted either partly or wholly from appearing in examination for a Certificate of Competency.
- The fee details may vary according to each state.
- The permits are to be renewed once in 5 years.
Documents to Use
- Link [Pg.13/52]
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- 90 Days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or Country of Birth.
Need for the Document
- New Electrical Supervisor License is the service provided to the citizen by the government for availing the license to work as a registered electrical supervisor.
- Electrical Supervisors are electrical contractors who oversee the work done by electricians on a job site. They are responsible for ensuring that all safety and compliance standards are met and to provide technical assistance when necessary.
Information which might help
Enter other information which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.