Maharashtra - Apply for Electrical Contractor License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Application form for getting an electrical contractor license is available in the Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission Link
- Applicant has to provide necessary information in the application form. Download it here: Link
- Applicant must make sure to carry both photocopies and originals of all documents that are necessary for completing this procedure.
- Documents that are required for completing this procedure is mentioned under “Required Documents” section of this page.
- Applicant must attach photocopies of all documents (whichever is necessary) along with the application form while submitting it.
- Fee for this procedure has to be paid as per authority’s request.
- If all above-mentioned processes were followed properly, applicant can get their license within 3 months.
- Applicant will receive a notification from concerned authorities regarding their license, they can visit the office and get their license after getting that notification.
- If there is no information regarding the license is provided by concerned authorities, applicant can visit the office to know status of their application.
- Original Challan
- Passport size photographs – 3
- Affidavit from Notary on a Rs.20/- stamp paper
- Self-addressed envelope
- ID proof (AADHAR Card, Voter’s Licence)
- PAN Card
- Address proof (Ration Card/Rental Agreement)
- Documents stating the details of previous works
- Attested Copies of experience Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- School leaving certificate of the applicant, owner and supervisor
- Copies of certificate of EHT/HT/LT installation work.
Office Locations & Contacts
Address: Maharashtra State Electricity Board,
Jubli Park, Dr Ambedkar Road,
Samarth Nagar, near Old Power House,
Maharashtra – 431001.
Address: Babupeth, NH-7, Mancherial Chandrapur Nagpur Road,
Nagpur, Maharashtra – 441108.
Address: MSEDCL Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited,
Pune, Ambedkar Nagar,
Maharashtra – 411048.
- Applicant must have a 10th pass certificate
- Applicant must be an Indian citizen and must have Karnataka residential address
- Applicant must be above 21 years of age.
Fee for this procedure has to be paid as per authority’s request.
The licence is valid for 65 years of age of the licence holder.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Processing time for this procedure is 3 months.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Electrical Contractor Licence is a necessity for an Electrical contractor for taking up projects like Lift Electrical works etc.
- Full Name of the applicant
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Residential Address
- E-mail ID
- Contact Number
Need for the Document
- Mandatory for anyone to carry out Electrical installation works.
- Electrical Contractor’s Licence number is necessary while taking a new electrical project.
Information which might help
Enter other information which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- This licence can be provided as a proof for an Electrical Contractor.
- The licence holder is the legally certified Electrical Contractor.
More information which might help people.