Maharashtra - Apply for Duplicate Ration Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Apply for a duplicate ration card, when…
- Original Ration Card is Totally Damaged
- Original Ration Card is stolen
- Original Ration Card is Lost or Misplaced
- In order to obtain a duplicate ration card, please approach the Rationing Office of his area /at the district, District Supply Officer & Thasil levels, the Thasildhar respectively as applicable.
- Link for contact : link AND link please select the district from the map provided on the page to reach respective district portal Here please select from the menu “DIRECTORY”, “PUBLIC FACILITIES”, “Municipality” for contact details.
- Please go to the respective office.
- Applicant shall obtain the form from the respective office (please pay for the form if required) Or a written/electronically typed application on A4 plain sheet as advised shall be used or use the following link to download form. link
- The Head of Family Must write a letter stating the reason behind a new ration card request and attach the remains of original ration card (in case of damaged ration card) or the copy of report registered with police station (in case of lost or stolen ration card).
- Please submit the completed application along with required documents to the respective authority.
- Authorities after checking the submitted application along with attached documents will make entries and provide you record number for reference.
- Keep it safe for future reference.
- This application will be processed internally to issue the ration card as per notification.
- Application form.
- Remains of original ration cardOR Copy of reportregistered with Police Station
- Residence Proof (Example – Electricity Bill, Water Bill, Aadhaar Card, Passport),
- Xerox copy of Ration Card (If Available)
- Aadhaar Card
- Local Certificate / Election Card / PAN / Driving license / Passport
- Passport Size Photographs
- Self declaration (as advised)
Office Locations & Contacts
Office of the Controller of Rationing & Director of Civil Supplies,
Royal Insurance Bldg, 5th Floor,
14 - Jamshedji Tata Road,
Churchgate, Mumbai - 400020.
Ph : 9970151606
More details about the office location is provided in the following link : Address Details
DEPARTMENT OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT AND PANCHAYAT RAJ
Bandhkam Bhavan, 25, Mezban Path, Fort,
Ballard Estate, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001
Ph : +91 22060446
e-mail: [email protected]
Contact Link: linkPlease select the respective division names from the tabs to reach another page. Here select the name of the region for which the details are required. User will get the portal for the selected place. From here contact details for the zillparishad can be obtained to contact the block development officials.
- A valid ration card holder.
- Fee information can be obtained directly from the respective office while applying.
- Validity remains same
- Usually Family identity card is valid for lifetime and will be renewed in 5 years or based on announcement.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
If your application is fair and complete, the processing time will be 2 – 3 week’s time
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
Following are the required information to apply..
- Applicant details.
- Address details.
- Signature/thumb impression.
Need for the Document
- For implementation of the Targeted Public Distribution System(TPDS), Ration Card is being issued to all the heads of families, with details about family members included in the card. Based on their economic condition, people can buy goods like food grains, sugar and kerosene with the help of their ration cards.
- Ration card is essential to apply for passport, PAN card or a domicile certificate or to even get the name registered for electoral rolls to get a Voter ID. Hence one need to apply for duplicate copy and obtain the same.
Information which might help
- The eligible sections of the society are provided with food grains and other items at highly subsidized rates.
- In different state the Ration card is categorized as per classification fixed by government.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.