Maharashtra - Apply for Duplicate Certificate of Vehicle Registration (Duplicate RC)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for a duplicate vehicle registration certificate, the applicant has approach the RTO office where the vehicle has been registered. Following listed are contact information of RTO offices that can help : RTO Office Locations
- Please make sure you have all the appropriate documents that are listed under Required Documents section of this page and completed application Form 26
- The applicant will be requested to pay 50% of registration fee of particular class of vehicle.
- After validation of the documents and application form the duplicate certificate of registration will be provided.
- More information can be obtained from following link : More info
Apply Online - Maharashtra Apply for Duplicate Certificate of Vehicle Registration (Duplicate RC) Online with Images
- You can also renew your Driver License through the following National Portal, Please select the appropriate state in the following link : National Portal
- Please enter the “Vehicle Registration Number” that has been provided and click “Proceed”.
- Follow the instructions provided in the next screen.
For lost registration certificate
- Police report that has been filed with the local police station
- Aadhaar Card
For damaged registration certificate
- Damaged or torn out RC
- Aadhaar Card
- Consent letter from financier in case of hypothecation.
- Aadhaar Card
Office Locations & Contacts
Following link provides contact information and office locations of Maharashtra Motor Vehicle Department: RTO Office Locations
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
50% of registration fee of particular class of vehicle.
More information can be obtained from the following link : Fee information
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Application forms that can be used : Application forms
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information related to obtaining a duplicate certificate for vehicle registration (Duplicate RC) in Maharashtra.
Information which might help
Enter other information which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Maharastra Government Transport Website
More information which might help people.