Maharashtra - Apply for Drainage (Sewer) Connection
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Residents of Maharashtra could get a new Drainage or Sewer connection through the following procedure.
- To apply for a drainage or sewer connection, apply through a Licensed plumber at the concerned divisional or sub divisional municipal council office in your area.
- To view the Municipality office locations, select your district website link and from the district portal, select Directory > Public Utility > Municipalities Maharashtra Districts
- Before applying, please consult with the concerned authority regarding all the requirements necessary for getting a new drainage connection.
- Procure the application form for sewerage connection by paying the required fee.
- Sewerage application form for CIDCO and Pimpri Chinchwad
- In the procured application form, fill all the required details.
- Attach the photocopy of all the required documents with the application form.
- Submit the documents at the respective concerned divisional or sub divisional Municipal Council office and receive the acknowledgement receipt.
- The documents will be verified and if the application is eligible, the applicant will be notified to pay the charges. Rejected applications will be returned to the applicant with intimation.
- Pay the service charges as instructed and register your connection and receive the acknowledgement receipt.
- Obtain permission for road cutting from the respective department if required.
- Your application will now be forwarded to the concerned area officer for sanction.
- Site inspections will be made by the authority officers and any correction regarding the application will be notified to the applicant.
- After all the requirements and changes have been met by the applicant, the work order will be issued for the connection.
Apply Online through Aaplesarkar
- To apply online, the applicant shall follow the given aaple sarkar link: Link and click on the "New User? Register Here" tab.
- From the given options, select any one mode to create User ID and Password.
- Now verify UID or Create your own user profile using OTP verification on your mobile.
- A new page will open up where the applicant has to fill up all the personal detail(Name, D.O.B, Age, Gender, etc) in the portal.
- Now enter the address as per the document.
- After that provide mobile number and OTP, PAN No., UID No., and confirm password.
- Now upload a photograph between 5kB to 20kB in JPEG format.
- Now choose from the drop now menu any one of the Proof of Identity.
- Finally provide a Proof of Address by clicking from the menu on screen.
- Click on the declaration box and then click the "Register" tab.
- Now login with the user credentials.
- After login, click Link and then click on “Apply”.
- The applicant will get an application displayed.
- Fill up the application form correctly and pay the requisite fee.
- On completion, the applicant will be notified.
- You can check the status of the application in the portal by signing in with User ID and password.
Apply through Mobile APP:
- To apply via app, the applicant shall download the app from the given link: Link
- Select the preferred language
- A list of options will be provided from which the applicant must choose the concerned department
- Now a list of services will be displayed from which the applicant must select the required service
- The applicant must also provide the nature of service verification and click on “Apply” to proceed to verification
- Once verified, the applicant will be informed about the further process.
Apply Through Centres:
- To apply for Drainage (Sewer) Connection through centres, the applicant has to visit the respective “CSC” centre/sewa kendra. Please tap on the following link to locate the centre according to the respective district: link.
- Make sure to have the documents that are listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- An application form can be obtained through the kiosk operator upon visiting the centre.
- The applicant has to fill in all the necessary information in the application form.
- Submit the application form with “Required Documents” to the office. It is advised to take the documents in original to the kiosk for scanning purposes.
- The operator will process the application online.
- On successful submission, the applicant will receive an application number as acknowledgement. The applicant will also get a transaction number as a text message on their registered mobile number.
- Pay the fee as given in the “Fees” section of this page and collect the receipt.
- An ”SMS” triggered update on application status will be sent to the applicant’s mobile. Please keep track of the notification.
- Upon the satisfaction of the authorities, the permission will be granted according to the application.
Generally required documents for Drainage connection:
- Ownership Certificate / Land property document
- Plan of the building, sanctioned by local authority
- Property Tax Assessment Number.
- Road Cutting Endorsement / receipt (If required)
- Proof of having paid taxes / charges up to date
- Affidavit as required.
- Copies of plan showing layout of sewerage as well as water pipeline showing invert levels.
- Certified Xerox copy of license of licensed plumber.
- ID Proof and Address proof from one of the following:
- Voter ID
- Driving Licence
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Registry of Property
- Note: Other required documents have to be submitted if necessary. Carry the original and photocopy of the necessary documents for any cross verifications to be made. Keep the original documents ready during site inspection.
Office Locations & Contacts
- List of Offices with locations and phone numbers Pune Ward Office
- Select your preferred area from the “Zonal Offices” menu Nagpur Zonal Offices
- Location of municipal corporation office Pimpri Chinchwad
- To view the Municipality office locations, select your district and from the district portal, select Directory > Public Utility > Municipalities Maharashtra Districts
- The building should have proper rainwater harvesting arrangements.
- Building and internal plumbing works have to be completed.
- Water Tax should have been paid up to date.
Please inquire about the following charges while applying:
- Application form fee
- Scrutiny Charges
- Connection charges
- Security Deposit
- Sewerage Charges
- The sewer connection will function without any issue as long as the required charges are paid and the rules are followed.
Documents to Use
- Sewerage application form for CIDCO
- Sewerage application form for Pimpri Chinchwad
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Please inquire about the processing time while applying in person.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Please fill all the mandatory fields before submitting the application.
- Make sure that valid details are provided. At the time of connection, if the information provided by the applicant are not valid, no connection will be provided and the charges already paid might become non refundable as a penalty.
- Name of the applicant
- Address of the premises for which sewer connection is sought
- Zonal Details
- Building area details
- Plumbing line details
- Bank Details
Need for the Document
- Proper disposal of waste water and excreta is one the most important aspect of maintaining proper sanitation of a city or town. Biodegradable waste could pollute the environment and spread diseases on failing to properly dispose them. It is the duty of every citizen to take necessary steps to keep the country clean and safe.
- Sewerage Connection is one of the methods that allows the citizen to connect their household sewerage with the government's sewerage system which later gets treated and is disposed efficiently.
- Sewerage Connection is a much more efficient means of sewage disposal than septic tanks, especially in highly populated developed cities.
Information which might help
- Gully, floor trap and gratings have to be provided as per standards.
- Do not allow rain water to enter the sewer.
- Do not throw clothes, rags, broken crockery's, cut pieces of vegetables/eatables etc. into sewer system.
- Increase the sewer size according to the number of closets.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Information on Pune Sewerage Connection Pune FAQ
More information which might help people.