Maharashtra - Apply for Demarcation of Land
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- The applicant has to visit the Land record officer in the taluk Office (within the area where the land is situated)and apply in-person.
- Link for contact details :link please select the district from the map provided on the page to reach respective district portal Here please select from the menu “DIRECTORY” > “PUBLIC FACILITIES” > “Municipality”for contact details.
- Go to the office. Collect the application form/ write in an A4 paper as advised by the authorities.
- Submit the completed application along with documents to the respective authority.
- On the receipt of the application the concerned official shall check the application and if the application meets requirement the official concerned shall register the application in the register concerned and put up the same before the thasildhar for appropriate order. (Please pay as authorities quote if required)
- Thasildhar may pass order on the same day or on the next working day, directing the Revenue Inspector or other revenue officer to demarcate after fixing a date and serving the notice in respect thereof to all the tenure holders concerned.
- This work shall be completed within a period of three months from the date of order passed by thasildhar.
- At the time of demarcation of the plot the spot memo shall be prepared by the Revenue Inspector or other revenue officer and the same shall be signed by all the parties concerned and by the Chairman of the Land Management Committee or any two independent witnesses present at the time of the demarcation.
- If any party refuses to sign the spot memo, the endorsement to the effect shall be made by the R.I and the further process will be taken as per case to case
- The Revenue Inspector or other revenue officer shall submit his report of demarcation with spot memo within a period of fifteen days from the date of demarcation.
- If the report is confirmed by the thasildhar, the boundary pillars shall be fixed accordingly within a period of one week
Note: In case of dispute or litigation, Collector will be communicated to seek his concurrence.
Apply Online - Maharashtra Apply for Demarcation of Land Online with Images
- Applicant before applying, please talk to a authority by contacting the details found using the two links below.
- Please login using the following link.: link
- Please use the “Register” option to register. If already a register user, then use the “Applicant login” option to login for applying.
- Please select the menu ”Available services” to get next page.
- In the given page, please select Land department services option for drop down list of option. Here select the hyper link next to plot sub-division to reach next page.
- User gets screen for filing. User will need to complete the page prompt for “property details” online sheet.
- Complete the “Applicant Information”, “Registered office Details”, “property detail” and “Plot/unit contact information” session prompts with required details.
- Now after all the details are completed, please hit the respective tab to file online.
- This online application will be processed further.
- Application form as obtained from respective office or written on a A4 paper.
- Affidavit / Notary stating that the applicant is owner of the land
- Identity proof
- Address proof
- Land documents (should get attestation in all copies from Gazette Officer.)
- Aadhaar Card
- Sketch map for the proposed division as prescribed
- ID proof
- Original sale deed/gift partition deed
- Property Title Deed
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) of the village accountant
- Certified survey map
- Records of Rights and Tenancy Certificate (RTC)
- Certified copy of the Land Tribunal Order
- Certified copy of rights of occupancy
- Zonal certificate from Urban Development Authority
- Photocopy of the atlas of the land
- Photocopy of the revenue survey map of the village
- Copy of current R-o-R
- Any other documents as required
- Up to date land revenue receipt.
- Land or Plot number, area and boundaries of the land
Office Locations & Contacts
Jamabandi Commissioner and Director Land Records Office
3rd Floor, New Administrative Building,
Opposite Council Hall, Pune.
Email: [email protected]@nic.in
Link for Contact: contact linkAND link please select the district from the map provided on the page to reach respective district portal Here please select from the menu “DIRECTORY” > “PUBLIC FACILITIES” > “Municipality” for contact details.
You are eligible to apply for Demarcation of land if you own a land in your name.
- Authorities will provide fee information.
- Fee differs with the place of the land.
Demarcation is valid for the land till it is further subdivided or divided for the purpose of sale / for the purpose of partition.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Maximum 3 months
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Provisions of this Act shall not apply to the following category of land:
- Land under GMC/M.B./T.C.
- Land owned by State Govt./Central Govt./Govt. Agencies/Corporations so long as the land is used for official purpose and not used or transferred for commercial purpose.
- Land owned by Local Authority and not used/transferred for commercial purpose.
- Land under tea cultivation.
- Land used for religious/charitable purpose.
- Land used for Aquaculture/Animal Husbandry including poultry/duckery.
- Land used for construction of dwelling house to the extent of 1 Bigha.
- Land within Industrial Zone.
- Land used for such other purposes as may be notified by the Government from time to time.
Following are the required information to apply for the sub-division of land
- Owner details.
- Contact details.
- Address details.
- Land details.
- Contact and address of neighboring properties.
Need for the Document
- Subdividing a land means dividing it into several parts
- When the land is subdivided into more than one lot, each lot is then sold to one or more buyers. This is more profitable than keeping the property as one residential unit.
- Smaller residential lots may be easier to sell than larger pieces of land. This increases the overall value of the land.
- Division or Subdivision refers to dividing of a lot, tract, or parcel of land into two or more lots, plats, sites, or other divisions of land once set aside for a particular purpose is being used in a different way (i.e. industrial land to residential) for the purpose, whether immediate or in the future, of sale or of building development.
Information which might help
- In view of benefiting from the property meant for agriculture – one need to follow this procedure and this process is most essential for the other activities.
- Government and bodies concerned will look for this process to grant permission for other requirements
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Urban Development Department, Maharashtra: https://urban.maharashtra.gov.in/default.aspx
- MADC, Maharashtra: https://madc.maharashtra.gov.in/index.php/information/lands_overview/
- Mahabhulekh, Maharashtra Government: https://mahabhulekh.maharashtra.gov.in/
- MADC, Single Window Clearance details: https://services.midcindia.org/Services/SrvLand.aspx
More information which might help people.