Maharashtra - Apply for Crop Insurance Scheme (WBCIS)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Application form for crop insurance scheme (WBCIS) in available for Maharashtra agriculture department or Tehsildar Office contact link
- Applicants approach the agriculture department or tehsildar office and applicants get their application form for crop insurance scheme (WBCIS).
- Applicant has to enter all information in the application form.
- Applicant must make sure to carry all necessary documents that are mentioned under “Required Documents” section of this page. (Both photocopies and originals.
- Applicant should attach photocopies of documents (whichever is necessary) along with the application form while submitting it at the office.
- Fee for this procedure has to be paid as per authority’s request.
- If all above –mentioned procedures were followed properly by the applicant, the crop insurance will be provided.
- Generally, the processing time for this procedure is taken 30-45 days.
- Applicant can collect their insurance by visiting the office after receiving the notification.
- If you are looking to apply for crop insurance scheme online, click on the following: Online Link.
- On the homepage, click on the “Farmer Corner” icon.
- If you are an already registered member, click on the “Login for Farmer” button and log in with your mobile number. If not, click on the “Guest Farmer” button.
- Fill in all the details asked in the “Register for New Farmer User” application form.
- Once you are done, enter the CAPTCHA and click on the “Create User” button.
- Follow the page prompts and fill in all the details asked and then click on the “Next” button.
- Enter your “Bank Details” and click on the “Next” button.
- Fill in the “Crop Details” page and upload all the documents needed.
- After all the details are entered, click on the “Submit” button to register.
- Payment page will open, enter the card details and click on the “Make Payment” button.
- Once the payment is done, the registration will be completed.
- You will be notified through SMS and email on your successful registration and your credentials will be sent to you.
- Once you have registered, revisit the homepage: Link.
- Click on the “Farmer Corner” icon and then click on the “Login for Farmer” button to login.
- Enter your mobile number in the next page and the CAPTCHA and click on the “Request or OTP” button.
- After entering the OTP, fill in the application for crop insurance scheme and submit it.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will be notified with your receipt number.
- You can find the status of your application by visiting the following: Link.
- On the homepage click on the “Application Status” icon.
- Enter the “Receipt Number” and “Captcha Code” then click on the “Check Status” button. The status of your application will be displayed.
Apply Through Centres:
- To apply for Crop Insurance Scheme (WBCIS) through centres, the applicant has to visit the respective “CSC” centre/sewa kendra. Please tap on the following link to locate the centre according to the respective district: link.
- Make sure to have the documents that are listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- An application form can be obtained through the kiosk operator upon visiting the centre.
- The applicant has to fill in all the necessary information in the application form.
- Submit the application form with “Required Documents” to the office. It is advised to take the documents in original to the kiosk for scanning purposes.
- The operator will process the application online.
- On successful submission, the applicant will receive an application number as acknowledgement. The applicant will also get a transaction number as a text message on their registered mobile number.
- Pay the fee as given in the “Fees” section of this page and collect the receipt.
- An ”SMS” triggered update on application status will be sent to the applicant’s mobile. Please keep track of the notification.
- Upon the satisfaction of the authorities, the permission will be granted according to the application.
- Application form
- Bank book number with proof
- Annual income certificate
- ID proof(Aadhaar card)
- Address proof(Ration card/Rental agreement)
- Evidence of land records prevailing in the state(Records of Right (ROR)
- Land possession certificate(LPC)
- Sowing certificate
- Applicable contract
- Agreement details
- Other documents notified
- Permit by concerned state Govt.
Office Locations & Contacts
Address: Agriculture Commissionerate Pune
State government office in Pune, Maharashtra
GVFF+X74, Agarkar Nagar,
Pune, Maharashtra 411001
Contact number: 020 2612 3648
Address: Tehsildar Office
Government office in pune,
NH4, 76/10, Shukrawar Peth-Mahtma Gandhi Rd,
Shukrawar Peth, Pune,
The eligibility criteria to obtain the insurance benefit of Weather Based Crop Insurance Scheme includes-
Eligible Farmers Under the Scheme:
- Farmers, including tenant cultivators and sharecroppers cultivating crops in the specified area, are eligible.
- Note: The insurable interest for the insured crop is mandatory for farmers.
- Farmers opting for Seasonal Agricultural Operations (SAO) loans from any Financial Organisations (loanee farmers) for the notified crops are covered mandatorily.
- WBCIS provides additional benefits to SC/ST Women farmers. However, for non-loanee farmers, WBCIS is optional.
Eligible Crops Under the Scheme
- Weather Based Crop Insurance Scheme (WBCIS) covers crop varieties, including-
- Food crops like cereals, pulses and millets.
- Commercial or horticulture crops.
- Fee for this procedure has to be paid as per authority’s request.
- Crop insurance scheme (WBCIS) Valid for 3 months or 6 months.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people .e.g. links.
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- The processing time for this procedure is 30-45 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- The RWBCIS was launched on 18th February 2016 by Hon’ble Prime Minister 12 states implemented the scheme in Kharif 2016 whereas 9 states have implemented the scheme in Rabi 2016-17.
- Full name of the applicant
- Father’s name
- Date of birth
- Residential address (proof)
- Contact number
- Crop information
Need for the Document
- Weather Based Crop Insurance Scheme (WBCIS) aims to mitigate the hardship of the insured farmers against the likelihood of financial loss on account of anticipated crop loss resulting from adverse weather conditions relating to rainfall, temperature, wind, humidity etc.
- WBCIS aims to provide insurance protection to the framer against adverse weather incidence. Such as deficits and excess rainfall, high or low temperature, humidity etc.
Information which might help
- With the objective to bring more frames under the fold of crop insurances, a pilot weather based crop insurance scheme (WBCIS) was launched in 20 states since Kharif /Rabi 2007.
- Crop insurance also protects farmers against the loss of crops due to natural disasters, extreme weather, or revenue loss owing to price fluctuations in the agricultural market. A farmer who struggles with his plough will be assured that, in the case of a disaster, he will at least receive some return.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Crop insurance certificate can be used as proof of get a crop compensation.
More information which might help people.