Maharashtra - Apply for Contract Labour License New Registration
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
The Labour department, the government of Maharashtra provides online facility to user for applying for Contract Labour License New Registration. User can read the instructions and fill the form. Online service is provided by the government to save time of the user. The portal is available in two languages English and Marathi; user can select any of the preferred language. However, the application form can be printed and applied in person along with the necessary documents.
Apply Online through aaplesarkar:
- To apply online, the applicant shall follow the given aaple sarkar link: Link and click on the "New User? Register Here" tab.
- From the given options, select any one mode to create User ID and Password.
- Now verify UID or Create your own user profile using OTP verification on your mobile.
- A new page will open up where the applicant has to fill up all the personal detail(Name, D.O.B, Age, Gender, etc) in the portal.
- Now enter the address as per the document.
- After that provide mobile number and OTP, PAN No., UID No., and confirm password.
- Now upload a photograph between 5kB to 20kB in JPEG format.
- Now choose from the drop now menu any one of the Proof of Identity.
- Finally provide a Proof of Address by clicking from the menu on screen.
- Click on the declaration box and then click the "Register" tab.
- Now login with the user credentials.
- After login, click Link and then click on “Apply”.
- The applicant will get an application displayed.
- Fill up the application form correctly and pay the requisite fee.
- On completion, the applicant will be notified.
- You can check the status of the application in the portal by signing in with User ID and password.
Apply through Mobile APP:
- To apply via app, the applicant shall download the app from the given link: Link
- Select the preferred language
- A list of options will be provided from which the applicant must choose the concerned department
- Now a list of services will be displayed from which the applicant must select the required service
- The applicant must also provide the nature of service verification and click on “Apply” to proceed to verification
- Once verified, the applicant will be informed about the further process.
Apply Through Centres:
- To apply for Contract Labour License New Registration through centres, the applicant has to visit the respective “CSC” centre/sewa kendra. Please tap on the following link to locate the centre according to the respective district: link.
- Make sure to have the documents that are listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- An application form can be obtained through the kiosk operator upon visiting the centre.
- The applicant has to fill in all the necessary information in the application form.
- Submit the application form with “Required Documents” to the office. It is advised to take the documents in original to the kiosk for scanning purposes.
- The operator will process the application online.
- On successful submission, the applicant will receive an application number as acknowledgement. The applicant will also get a transaction number as a text message on their registered mobile number.
- Pay the fee as given in the “Fees” section of this page and collect the receipt.
- An ”SMS” triggered update on application status will be sent to the applicant’s mobile. Please keep track of the notification.
- Upon the satisfaction of the authorities, the permission will be granted according to the application.
Apply Online through labour Department:
- Apply online through portal
- Fill the details of boiler / economiser in the online application form along with tentative inspection date.
- Upload the requisite documents.
- Pay the requisite fee online.
- Applicant has to submit the prescribed documents through post / courier and fill the details of same in his login online.
- After receipt of documents the documents along with online application will be scrutinised by Inspection Branch (For manufactured in Maharashtra) or Technical Branch (for Manufactured outside Maharashtra) and confirmation of visit is sent to applicant through email and sms.
- Status of the application can be tracked via following link: Status.
- For tracking the application, application id or inspection number will be required.
Apply Online through MAITRI:
- The applicant needs to register on the website of Maharashtra Industry, Trade And Investment Facilitation Cell: Register
- The applicant can log in using the credentials and fill the form as instructed.
- The applicant can fill the online application form for “Boiler and Economiser Registration Inspection”
- Submit the application.
- Status of the application can be tracked by the user in “Track your Application” section. For tracking the application, application id or reference number will be required.
Apply in Person:
- Applications can also be made in-person through the Labour Department (Government of Maharashtra) offices and sub-offices.
- You will be able to find the office location information and contact information under the following link : Office Locations
- Please make sure you have all the documents (if any) that are listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- Fill the application form with the required information
- After the authorities validate your application and the documents that are submitted they will allow for Contract labour license New registration
- Form of Certificate by Principal Employers (Form V Rule 21 (2))
Mandatory Document (all are mandatory)
- Annexure A Self Declaration
- Form - IV-A Form Of Undertaking
- Annexure B Self Declaration For Self Attestation
Photocopy of documents should be attached while applying in person and scanned documents should be uploaded while applying online. Keep all the documents in scanned form like JPEG, GIF and PDF, so that it can be uploaded while making online application on the website. If submitting in person, xerox copies needs to be attached.
Office Locations & Contacts
- Further information and clarification can be obtained through following link: Contact Information
- Contact information related to labour department, Government of India:Contact Information
- Contacts, Maharashtra Industry, Trade And Investment Facilitation Cell:Contacts
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Form of Certificate by Principal Employers (Form V Rule 21 (2))
Maharashtra Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Rules
- FORM V
- (See Rule 21(2))
- FORM V
Form of Certificate by Principal Employer
Certified that I have engaged/propose to engage the applicant as a contractor in my establishment. I undertake to be bound by all the provisions of the Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970, and the Maharashtra Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Rules, 1970, in respect of the employment of contract labour by the applicant in my establishment.
Place______________ Signature of Principal Employer
Date____________ Name and address of Establishment
It takes seven days to process the certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
- What is meant by Contract Labour: A workman shall be deemed to be employed as "contract labour" in or in connection with the work of an establishment when he is hired in or in connection with such work by or through a contractor, with or without the knowledge of the principal employer.
- What is meant by Contractor: A person who undertakes to produce a given result for the establishment, other than a mere supply of goods or articles of manufacture to such establishment, through contract labour or who supplies contract labour for any work of the establishment and includes a sub-contractor.
- What is meant by Principal employer: In respect of Government or Local Authority - Principal employer means head of the office or department or such other officer notified by the government or local Authority. In case of a factory, the owner or occupier or manager of the factory under the Factories Act. In case of a mine, the owner or agent named as the manager of the mine. In any other establishment any person responsible for the supervision and control of the establishment.
- How to obtain license ?: Every contractor shall make an application to the licencing officer in From IV along with the Form V given by the principal employer by paying the fees prescribed and also by paying the security deposit as prescribed by the Government under Rule 24 and 26 of the AP Contract Labour Rules,
- When the license is to be renewed ?: Renewal shall be made not less than 30 days before the date on which the license expires.
- What are the amenities to be provided to the Contract Labour?: Sufficient supply of wholesome drinking water, sufficient number of latrines and urinals, washing facilities and first aid facilities, rest rooms and canteens.
- Whether Contract labour is entitled for the wages prescribed under Minimum Wages Act or wages notified by the Commissioner of Labour.?: Contract Labour are entitled to minimum wages if they are employed in a schedule employment. They are entitled to wages notified by the commissioner of labour under Contract Labour Act if they are employed in non-schedule employments.
- Is it necessary that the license should be displayed, if so, where?: The Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Central Rules as amended on 11th August, 1987 provide that a copy of the license shall be displayed prominently at the premises where the contract work is being carried out.
- Is a contractor bound to look after the welfare of his workers?: Yes. The Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act stipulates that a contractor will have to provide canteens, rest rooms, latrines, urinals, washing facilities, water, first aid box for the contract labour. In addition to this, a contractor is required to make prompt payment to his labour.
- How can it be determined whether a particular person is a contractor or not?: A contractor, in relation to an establishment, means a person who undertakes to produce a given result for the establishment, other than a mere supply of goods or articles of such establishment, through contract labour or who supplies contract labour for any work of the establishment and includes a such-contractor. In other words, a person undertaking merely to transport manganese for the establishment will not fall within the meaning of 'contractor' Defined under section 2(1) (e) of the Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act.
- User manual for labour services: User Manual
- Information related to MAITRI portal can be obtained via following link: Information
- Maharashtra Legislative and Governance reforms:Refer Link
- User manual for Labour Management Services: User Manual
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Maharashtra Right to Public Services Act.
- Ministry of Labour, Government of India
- Maharashtra Industry, Trade And Investment Facilitation Cell
- Labour Department, registration and License management, Maharashtra
More information which might help people.