Maharashtra - Apply for Change of Religion
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
The Gazette Department, the Government of Maharashtra provides online facility for user to Apply for Change of Religion. User can read the instructions and fill the form. Online service is provided by the government to save time of the user. The portal is available in two languages English and Marathi; user can select any of the preferred language. However, the application form can be printed and applied in person along with the necessary documents to Gazette officer.
- Apply Online through aaplesarkar :
- To apply online, the applicant shall follow the given aaple sarkar link: Link and click on the "New User? Register Here" tab.
- From the given options, select any one mode to create User ID and Password.
- Now verify UID or Create your own user profile using OTP verification on your mobile.
- A new page will open up where the applicant has to fill up all the personal detail(Name, D.O.B, Age, Gender, etc) in the portal.
- Now enter the address as per the document.
- After that provide mobile number and OTP, PAN No., UID No., and confirm password.
- Now upload a photograph between 5kB to 20kB in JPEG format.
- Now choose from the drop now menu any one of the Proof of Identity.
- Finally provide a Proof of Address by clicking from the menu on screen.
- Click on the declaration box and then click the "Register" tab.
- Now login with the user credentials.
- After login, click Link and then click on “Apply”.
- The applicant will get an application displayed.
- Fill up the application form correctly and pay the requisite fee.
- On completion, the applicant will be notified.
- You can check the status of the application in the portal by signing in with User ID and password.
Apply through Mobile APP:
- To apply via app, the applicant shall download the app from the given link: Link
- Select the preferred language
- A list of options will be provided from which the applicant must choose the concerned department
- Now a list of services will be displayed from which the applicant must select the required service
- The applicant must also provide the nature of service verification and click on “Apply” to proceed to verification
- Once verified, the applicant will be informed about the further process.
Apply Through Centres:
- To apply for Change of Religion through centres, the applicant has to visit the respective “CSC” centre/sewa kendra. Please tap on the following link to locate the centre according to the respective district: link.
- Make sure to have the documents that are listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- An application form can be obtained through the kiosk operator upon visiting the centre.
- The applicant has to fill in all the necessary information in the application form.
- Submit the application form with “Required Documents” to the office. It is advised to take the documents in original to the kiosk for scanning purposes.
- The operator will process the application online.
- On successful submission, the applicant will receive an application number as acknowledgement. The applicant will also get a transaction number as a text message on their registered mobile number.
- Pay the fee as given in the “Fees” section of this page and collect the receipt.
- An ”SMS” triggered update on application status will be sent to the applicant’s mobile. Please keep track of the notification.
- Upon the satisfaction of the authorities, the permission will be granted according to the application.
Apply in Person:
- The applicant must apply to the Gazette Department offices and sub-offices. Find contacts of the district offices in the given link :Link
- Upon visit, get an application form and fill it up correctly.
- Now submit it to the concerned officer in the office along with all the “Required Documents”
- Pay the requisite fee
- Once the application is verified, the applicant will be informed regarding the further proceeding by the concerned authority.
- Identity Proof (Any one)
- Pan Card
- Aadhar Card
- Election Card
- Driving License
- Proof of Address (Any one)
- Ration Card
- Aadhar Card
- Electricity Bill
- Legal Document
- Marriage certificate ( if Any for Female after Marriage )
- Affidavit ( If Any Made after conversion etc )
- Divorce papers ( Incase of Divorce ) etc
For Minor below 18 years (Mandatory Documents)
- ID Proof: Aadhar card or School id or Aadhar Card
- Address Proof: Ration card or Aadhar Card
- Age Proof: Birth Certificate or Bonafide
- Photo: One Passport Size Photo
- Application Form : Duly Signed By Minor if possible and parents or Guardian
Photocopy of documents should be attached while applying in person and scanned documents should be uploaded while applying online. Keep all the documents in scanned form like JPEG, GIF and PDF, so that it can be uploaded while making online application on the website. If submitting in person, xerox copies needs to be attached.
Office Locations & Contacts
Further information and clarification can be obtained through following link: contact information
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Application Form for Change in Religion
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It takes Fifteen days for processing.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
People change their religions due to variety of reasons and the government Gazette makes it Official by publishing it in the Gazette. A disclosure of change of religion becomes essential in the later stages of your life for all official records
Information which might help
- User manual for change in Religion:Religion change
- Gazette publications details can be obtained from following link:Publication
- What is the gazette office address in Mumbai?
- Ans : Ground Floor, Government Book Depot & Publication House, Near Charni Road Station, Charni Road, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Rd, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400004, but Since 2014, The Gazette Application process is Online.
- Can we change our address in gazette office?
- Ans : No, Gazette notification is only for Change of Name, Change of Date of Birth & Change of Religion.
- What is the gazette office address in Mumbai?
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Maharashtra Right to Public Services Act
Publications Directorate, Mumbai
More information which might help people.