Maharashtra - Apply for Cattle Kill or Loss Claim
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- In case of death of livestock (cattle, sheep, pigs, goats, horses, poultry etc.) due to infectious diseases or unnatural causes, the owners of the demised animals shall approach the office of their respective BDO (bock development officer) of the concerned block or the government veterinary doctor there to apply for the claim (benefit / compensation through subsidy scheme). The loss claim for any livestock will be sanctioned by the respective state animal husbandry department.
- Contact link1 AND link2 please find the “Veterinary District Nodal Officers” contact details as per your state AND Link2 please select the district as per the map to reach next page. In the given page please select menu option “DIRECTORY>PUBLIC CONVENIENCE>Municipality” OR “DIRECTORY>PUBLIC UTILITIES > Municipalities” OR “ABOUT THE DISTRICT” > “Who’s (Whose) who” to get contact details AND Panchayat contact link in the given page please select the hyperlink against respective state as per requirement for contact details.
- Please use the contact details from the above links as appropriate to get the concerned office contact details. Please visit the respective office and consult with the designated authority about the application procedure. As advised, please collect the application form from the concerned authority or write on a plain A4 sheet as advised.
- Complete the application form. Attach all the required documents as per the “Required Documents” section of this page and submit the application form to the designated receiving authority in person.
- After receiving the application, authorities will check the application and document set. If all are in place, the application will be accepted.
- Authorities will make entries about this application in the manual record or electronically using the computer and provide a record number for reference. Please keep it safe for future reference.
- ”SMS” triggered update on application status will be sent to the applicant’s mobile. So, keep track of the notification from the department.
- This application will be processed further. The application details and documents enclosed will be verified by the respective authorities.
- The application will be forwarded to the respective animal husbandry department or the concerned department for processing the claim.
- On receipt of the application, the concerned department authority will conduct investigation to confirm the death of the animal as per the department norms.
- Once the department confirms the reason, the sanctioning authority will issue the orders for grant of compensation.
- The status, viz. Approval will be conveyed to the applicant through a “SMS”.
- Please follow the notification and guidelines of the department.
- The compensation amount will be paid to the applicant through DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) / RTGS / NEFT.
- The whole process shall be completed within 15 days from the date of receipt of the application or as per the advised time period.
- Application form
- Applicant’s Residence proof (ration card / Passport / Aadhaar card / Driving licence)
- Applicant’s Identity proof (ration card / Passport / Aadhaar card / Driving licence)
- Ration card
- Farmer card (if available)
- Letter from village / panchayat head as per requirement
- Bank account passbook
- Veterinary hospital report if available
- Photo of the remains or the body of the livestock.
- Aadhaar card
- Note: Apart from the above documents, authorities may ask for additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.
Office Locations & Contacts
Commissionerate of Animal Husbandry,
Maharashtra State, Pune – 07.
Email: [email protected]
Contact Department of Animal Husbandry
Email: [email protected]
Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying,
Ministry of Fisheries,Animal Husbandry and Dairying,
Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi – 110001.
Email: [email protected]
- Applicant should be a citizen of India.
- Those who are 18 years and above are eligible to apply.
- To be eligible for claim, a livestock owner/producer must have legally owned the eligible livestock on the day the livestock died.
- However, each family can get benefits for not more than three livestock or as per the state norms.
- These scheme doesn’t attract any fees or charges.
- The claim amount sanctioned differs from animal to animal. For instance, milch animal Rs. 30,000/- Buffalo/cow/camel/ yak etc. and Rs. 3,000/- Sheep/Goat/Pig.
There is no validity in terms of period. But the application made is valid till the claim is sanctioned.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
The whole process shall be completed within 15 days from the date of receipt of the application or as per the advised time period.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- during flood, evacuate the animals rapidly to higher ground and check for injuries to be attended by a veterinarian.
- During cyclones, the animals are safer outside than those sheltered.
- Incomplete application will be rejected.
- Avoid spelling mistakes while filling the application form.
- Do not submit fake documents as a proof to benefit from this scheme.
- Name of the applicant
- Complete address of the applicant
- Name of State /UT
- Date of the application
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- Aadhaar number
- Detail the Circumstances leading to the Injury / Sickness / Death of animal
- Animal Pin Number (Microchip number and Licence Number if available)
- Name of the Animal
- Sex of the Animal
- Animal Breed
- Date and reason of Death
- Veterinary Hospital Information if available
Need for the Document
- The supplemental income derived from rearing of livestock is a great source of support to the farmers.
- The state government provides aid in the form of claim benefit to the farmers and livestock owners on the death of animals due to infectious diseases or unnatural causes.
- This scheme is very beneficial for the farmers, because every year animals die due to floods and infectious diseases.
Information which might help
- The scheme will also aid with loss of milch animals, draught animals or animals used for haulage.
- Livestock sector is an important sector of national, especially rural economy.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.