Maharashtra - Apply for Bowling Alley Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
The Entertainment Duty Department, the Government of Maharashtra provides online facility to user to apply for Bowling Alley Certificate. User can read the instructions and fill the form. Online service is provided by the government to save time of the user. The portal is available in two languages English and Marathi; user can select any of the preferred language. However, the application form can be printed and applied in person along with the necessary documents to the District Office.
- Apply Online through aaplesarkar
- To apply online, the applicant shall follow the given aaple sarkar link: Link and click on the "New User? Register Here" tab.
- From the given options, select any one mode to create User ID and Password.
- Now verify UID or Create your own user profile using OTP verification on your mobile.
- A new page will open up where the applicant has to fill up all the personal detail(Name, D.O.B, Age, Gender, etc) in the portal.
- Now enter the address as per the document.
- After that provide mobile number and OTP, PAN No., UID No., and confirm password.
- Now upload a photograph between 5kB to 20kB in JPEG format.
- Now choose from the drop now menu any one of the Proof of Identity.
- Finally provide a Proof of Address by clicking from the menu on screen.
- Click on the declaration box and then click the "Register" tab.
- Now login with the user credentials.
- After login, click Link and then click on “Apply”.
- The applicant will get an application displayed.
- Fill up the application form correctly and pay the requisite fee.
- On completion, the applicant will be notified.
- You can check the status of the application in the portal by signing in with User ID and password.
Apply Through Centres:
- To apply for Bowling Alley Certificate through centres, the applicant has to visit the respective “CSC” centre/sewa kendra. Please tap on the following link to locate the centre according to the respective district: link.
- Make sure to have the documents that are listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- An application form can be obtained through the kiosk operator upon visiting the centre.
- The applicant has to fill in all the necessary information in the application form.
- Submit the application form with “Required Documents” to the office. It is advised to take the documents in original to the kiosk for scanning purposes.
- The operator will process the application online.
- On successful submission, the applicant will receive an application number as acknowledgement. The applicant will also get a transaction number as a text message on their registered mobile number.
- Pay the fee as given in the “Fees” section of this page and collect the receipt.
- An ”SMS” triggered update on application status will be sent to the applicant’s mobile. Please keep track of the notification.
- Upon the satisfaction of the authorities, the permission will be granted according to the application.
Apply in Person:
- The applicant can download the application form:Application
- The filled application form along with the necessary documents mentioned below should be submitted to the Licensing Authority (The Commissioner of Police, the Performance license is issued by the office of Divisional ACP)
- Applications can also be made in-person through the Entertainment Duty Department offices and sub-offices through the following link: Office select the station by clicking on the drop-down menu box.
- Please make sure you have all the documents that are listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- After the authorities validate your application and the documents that are submitted they will allow for the bowling alley certificate.
- Identity Proof (Any one)
- Pan Card
- Aadhar Card
- Election Card
- Driving License
- Proof of Address (Any one)
- Rent Receipt
- Address Proof
- Telephone Bill
- Property Letter
- Electricity Bill
- Water Rate Bill
- Property Tax receipt
- 7/12 and 8 Ace Extra
- Semi-Government identity card
- Property Registration Extraction
- Description of the immovable property of the applicant and documents to be attached (home / shop / office / business place)
- Mandatory Documents (all documents are mandatory)
- Food License
- Self-declaration Letter
- No-Objection Certificates
- Government Proof of Identity
- Space license / property card
- Local Agency issued the license
- License from Public Works Department
- Non-Conduct License from Fire Brigade
- Hotel License (food and drug administration)
- Other required documents by the Entertainment Branch
- National Savings Certificates of Deposit /Bank Guarantee
- License given by a competent authority related to business
Photocopy of documents should be attached while applying in person and scanned documents should be uploaded while applying online. Keep all the documents in scanned form like JPEG, GIF and PDF, so that it can be uploaded while making online application on the website. If submitting in person, xerox copies needs to be attached.
Office Locations & Contacts
Further information and clarification can be obtained through following link: Contact Information
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
- A court fee stamp of Rs 5/- should be affixed on the application form.
- The fee structure is as under.
- Premises license fee Rs. 100 per machine/per lane (per month).
- Ticket selling fee Rs. 100 per year.
- Performance license fees (this will be collected by Divisional Asstt. commissioner of Police)
- Premises license fee Rs. 100 per machine/per lane (per month).
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
- Application form for amusement activity:Application
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It takes thirty days for processing of the certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Q1. I wish to start a bowling alley establishment. which licenses do I require?
You require the Premises License, the Ticket Selling License and the Performance License.
Q2. Which authority issue these license ?
The Premises License and Ticket selling license are issued from the office of the Commissioner of Police, the Performance license is issued by the office of Divisional ACP.
Q3. What should I do in order to procure these licenses ?
You will have to make an application in the prescribed format, affixing a court fee stamp of Rs. 5 on it.
Q4. Where I will get the application form ?
You can collect the form from Theatre Branch or you can receive it through fax.
Q5. What are the requirements to start the said business?
You will have to submit following documents along with your application:
- A plan (map) showing details of the premises where the bowling alley will replaced for playing games. The map should also show the number of lanes.
- Geographical location of the site (showing road approach building/adjoining the proposed place i.e. on east, west, north and south sides) The plan should be drawn by The Registrar Of The Architect with his counter signature.
- Certificate or receipt of fire fighting equipment installed in the proposed premises.
- Documents showing ownership/title/rights of the premises(owned/leased/rented)
- If the premises are rented, then NOCs from the concerned landlord stating that he does not have any objection for starting the said activities.
- NOC from the Fire Brigade office.
- NOC from the Health Department of BMC.
- If there is a telephone, then a certificate from MTNL office.
- NOC from the electrical Inspector.
- Number of bowling alleys.
- Undertaking application/notice for not installing any gambling equipment.
Q6. I don't have all these required documents at present. Can I submit them afterwards?
Unless you submit these documents, your application will not be processed; you cannot start the business by submitting an incomplete application.
Q7. I have submitted all the documents. Are there any additional requirements?
After the receipt of all the required documents, the application will be processed. enquiries will be made by the concerned Police station regarding suitability of the place as well as the law and order situation.
Q8. Under what rules do you issue the license and the documents required for it?
Rules for Licensing and Controlling places of Public Amusement (other than cinemas) and Performances for Public Amusements including Melas and Tamashas, 1960.
Q9. How long will the process take?
The process will take minimum 30 to 45 days from the date of submission of all the required documents.
Q10. What is the fee structure for the license?
The fee structure is as under. Premises license fee Rs. 100 per machine/per lane (per month). Ticket selling fee Rs. 100 per year. Performance license fees (this will be collected by Divisional Asst. commissioner of Police)
Q11. If the report of the Police station is negative, what would be the result of my application?
If the report is negative, or for some reason your application is rejected, you will be given a personal hearing.
Q12. What is the procedure for renewal of the license?
You will have to submit an application along with the copy of your license one month prior to the expiry of the license. You will also have to submit valid NOC's along with the application. enquiries will be made through the concerned Police station, and after receipt of the enquiry report, you will be intimated.
Q13. What are the renewal charges?
Same as license fees..
Rules for licensing and controlling public amusement activities:Rules
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Maharashtra Right to Public Services Act
- Mumbai Police, Maharashtra:Refer
More information which might help people.