Maharashtra - Apply for Agriculture Electricity Connection
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for agriculture electricity connection in person visit ELECTRICITY BOARD OFFICE in your respective area
- The address and contact details of the office can be found in ‘’Office and Contact Details” section of this page
- Visit the Office and get the Application form for Agricultural Electricity Connection from the relevant department.
- Please fill the application with essential information and details and it should be attested with the applicant along with all the partner’s signature
- Make sure that you have all the documents that are listed in “Required Documents” section of this page. Attach all the important documents mentioned
- Then, it should be submitted to the relevant authority. Also pay the required fees for the application process at the office as directed by the officials or you can find the required fee in “Fee Details” section of this page
- And your application and attached documents will be passed for verification to check if the land and area is eligible for the type of connection proposed
- After successful registration, an acknowledgement mentioning the registration number and date of registration will be given to the applicant
- Now, concerned officials will approve the application and orders will be issued.
- Please use the following link to reach the online portal to apply online. Link
- Please select “Apply For New Connection” tab provided on the middle of the page to get next screen.
- Please select “New User Registration” option provided on left part of the screen to get registration page and complete registration.
- Now after registration, in the home page, please select “New Connection Request” option to get next screen.
- Please go through the provided information. Here applicant has to enter details for general information, application details, billing details and other prompts. Please hit “Save” to process.
- Applicant shall continue as per page prompt to get request id. Please keep it safe for future tracking of the application.
- This submitted application will be processed further.
- Applicant will be contacted by MSEDCL officer /Call Center Representative on email/mobile provided by you for verification. Please follow their guidelines and complete the process to acquire connection.
Apply through Mobile App:
- To download the app click on the link- Link
- Download the app and Apply for new connection
- Take a printout of the completed application with reference number and transaction id for further reference
Apply Through Centres:
- To apply for Agriculture Electricity Connection through centres, the applicant has to visit the respective “CSC” centre/sewa kendra. Please tap on the following link to locate the centre according to the respective district: link.
- Make sure to have the documents that are listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- An application form can be obtained through the kiosk operator upon visiting the centre.
- The applicant has to fill in all the necessary information in the application form.
- Submit the application form with “Required Documents” to the office. It is advised to take the documents in original to the kiosk for scanning purposes.
- The operator will process the application online.
- On successful submission, the applicant will receive an application number as acknowledgement. The applicant will also get a transaction number as a text message on their registered mobile number.
- Pay the fee as given in the “Fees” section of this page and collect the receipt.
- An ”SMS” triggered update on application status will be sent to the applicant’s mobile. Please keep track of the notification.
- Upon the satisfaction of the authorities, the permission will be granted according to the application.
- Completed application form
- Rent/Lease Agreement (in case of rented/ leased accomodation )
- NOC from owner (in case of rented/ leased accomodation )
- Affidavit for Obtaining Electric Connection (in case of Enchroched Land)
- Tribal Council Certificate (in case of Tribal Area)
- Quarter Allotment Order (in case of Govt. Quarter
- Identity Proof (any one COPY of the following: Ration card, Election Identity Card, PAN card, Aadhar card, Passport or Driving license).
- Municipal Tax receipt
- Ownership Certificate issued by Village Administrative Officer (VAO).
- Sketch showing the location, issued by V.A.O.
- Patta/Sale Deed
Office Locations & Contacts
Maharashtra Energy Development Agency (MEDA)
Aundh Road, Opposite to Spicer College,
Near Commissionerate of Animal Husbandary,
Maharashtra 411007 (Maharashtra), INDIA
NOTE: Kindly contact the Chief Engineer/Operation and Maintenance Officer of your nearest electricity board. Contact details of the Officers can be obtained from the above website. Please select your district and respective area officer and proceed accordingly.
- Any person who wishes to set up a new electricity connection in their agricultural land can apply.
- The shareholders of the land should possess a no objection certificate sworn before the Executive Engineer/Operation and Maintenance Office of the jurisdiction concerned.
- The certificate should be obtained after verification from the Village Administrative Officer.
- Charge differs with requirement. So, authorities will estimate and will give actual figure for getting connection
- Please contact your nearest Electricity Board for fee details.
- Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Applications will be processed within 15 working days. The processing time also depends on the type of connection proposed.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.gIn the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Please do fill the application form with correct information and fill all the required columns.
- Do submit the application to the concerned authority with required documents attached.
- Kindly pay the required amount for the application process while submitting the application form at the office.
- Name and address of the organisation
- Availability of the land
- Contact details and email address
- Recent photograph of the applicant
- “No Objection Certificate”(NOC) from the Government Project official
- Signature of the applicant and partners as well
- Sketch showing the location issued by V.A.O.
Need for the Document
- Any person who wishes to get a new agricultural electricity connection inside the state of MAHARASHTRA must apply for the same to the respective authority. Government provides electricity connection to those who apply for a new connection. This document will guide you to obtain the agricultural electricity connection in all means.
Information which might help
Enter other information which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.