Maharashtra - Apply for Admissions of Women in Distress in Shelter Homes
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
The Women and Child Development Department, the Government of Maharashtra provides online facility to user to Apply for Admissions of Women in Distress in Shelter Homes. User can read the instructions and fill the form. Online service is provided by the government to save time of the user. The portal is available in two languages English and Marathi, user can select any of the preferred language. However, the application form can be printed and applied in person along with the necessary documents (if any) to Superintendent of State Home For Women.
Apply Online through aaplesarkar :
- To apply online, the applicant shall follow the given aaple sarkar link: Link and click on the "New User? Register Here" tab.
- From the given options, select any one mode to create User ID and Password.
- Now verify UID or Create your own user profile using OTP verification on your mobile.
- A new page will open up where the applicant has to fill up all the personal detail(Name, D.O.B, Age, Gender, etc) in the portal.
- Now enter the address as per the document.
- After that provide mobile number and OTP, PAN No., UID No., and confirm password.
- Now upload a photograph between 5kB to 20kB in JPEG format.
- Now choose from the drop now menu any one of the Proof of Identity.
- Finally provide a Proof of Address by clicking from the menu on screen.
- Click on the declaration box and then click the "Register" tab.
- Now login with the user credentials.
- After login, click Link and then click on “Apply”.
- The applicant will get an application displayed.
- Fill up the application form correctly and pay the requisite fee.
- On completion, the applicant will be notified.
- You can check the status of the application in the portal by signing in with User ID and password.
Apply through Mobile APP:
- To apply via app, the applicant shall download the app from the given link: Link
- Select the preferred language
- A list of options will be provided from which the applicant must choose the concerned department
- Now a list of services will be displayed from which the applicant must select the required service
- The applicant must also provide the nature of service verification and click on “Apply” to proceed to verification
- Once verified, the applicant will be informed about the further process.
Apply Through Centres:
- To apply for Admissions of Women in Distress in Shelter Homes through centres, the applicant has to visit the respective “CSC” centre/sewa kendra. Please tap on the following link to locate the centre according to the respective district: link.
- Make sure to have the documents that are listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- An application form can be obtained through the kiosk operator upon visiting the centre.
- The applicant has to fill in all the necessary information in the application form.
- Submit the application form with “Required Documents” to the office. It is advised to take the documents in original to the kiosk for scanning purposes.
- The operator will process the application online.
- On successful submission, the applicant will receive an application number as acknowledgement. The applicant will also get a transaction number as a text message on their registered mobile number.
- Pay the fee as given in the “Fees” section of this page and collect the receipt.
- An ”SMS” triggered update on application status will be sent to the applicant’s mobile. Please keep track of the notification.
- Upon the satisfaction of the authorities, the permission will be granted according to the application.
Apply in Person:
- Applications can also be made in-person through the Women and Child Development Department (Government of Maharashtra) offices and sub-offices.
- You will be able to find the office location information and contact information under the following link :Office information
- Please make sure you have all the documents (if any) that are listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- Fill the application form with the required information
- Submit the form in person to Women and Child Development Department Maharashtra.
- After the authorities validate your application and the documents that are submitted they will allow for admission of the women in distress in shelter homes.
Office Locations & Contacts
- Further information and clarification can be obtained through following link: Contact Information
- Women and Child Development Department contacts (Maharashtra) can be obtained through following link:Contacts
- Women and Child Development Department contacts (Government of India) can be obtained through following link:Contacts
- Maharashtra State Commission for women:Contacts
- The toll-free number, 1091, meant to help women in distress is functional all over Maharashtra
Addresses of Special Cells in Maharashtra Implemented by Tata Institute of Social Science
- Location of Cell :Police Commissioner’s Office
Address :Police commissioner’s office, Room no. 36, A block, Police quarter colony, near Social Service Branch
- Location of Cell :Dadar
Address:Dadar Police Station, Bhavani Shankar Rd, Shaitan Chawki, Dadar W., Mumbai 400028
- Location Of Cell:Kandivali
Address:Kandivali Police Station, Swami Vivekanand Rd., Opp. Shatabdi Hospital, Kandivali W., Mumbai 400067
- Location Of Cell: Vikroli
Address:Vikroli Police Station, Kannamvar Nagar no. 2, Vikroli E., Mumbai 400083
- Location Of Cell:Kurla
Address:Kurla Police Station, Near Bhabha Hospital, Sarveshwar Marg, Mumbai 400070
- Location Of Cell:CBD Belapur
Address:CBD Belapur Police Station, Sector-1, Opp. CBD Belapur Bus Depot, Navi Mumbai 400614
- Location Of Cell: Vakola
Address:Vakola Police Station, Nehru nagar Rd., Vakola E., Mumbai 400055
- Location Of Cell: Nasik
Address:Gangapur Police Station., Anandwali – Gangapur Rd., Nasik 422013
- Location Of Cell:Pune
Address:SP Office, Pune (Rural ), Chavan Nagar, Pashan Rd., Pune 411008
- Location Of Cell:Wardha
Address:SP Office, Wardha
- Location Of Cell:Yavatmal
- Location Of Cell:Aurangabad
Address:SP Office, Aurangabad (Rural) Near hudco T.V. Center, Aurangabad 431003
- Location Of Cell: Nanded
Address:SP Office, Local Crime Branch, Vazirabad, Nanded
- Location Of Cell:Dhule
Address:Shahar Police Station., Near Bus stand, Shivtirth Rd., Dhule 424001
The benefit of the component could be availed by women above 18 years of age of the following categories:
- Women who are deserted and are without any social and economic support;
- Women survivors of natural disasters who have been rendered homeless and are without any social and economic support;
- Women prisoners released from jail and are without family, social and economic support;
- Women victims of domestic violence, family tension or discord, who are made to leave their homes without any means of subsistence and have no special protection from exploitation and/ or facing litigation on account of marital disputes; and
- Trafficked women/girls rescued or runaway from brothels or other places where they face exploitation and Women affected by HIV/AIDS who do not have any social or economic support. However such women/ girls should first seek assistance under UJJAWALA Scheme in areas where it is in operation.
- Women affected by domestic violence could stay up to one year. For other categories of women, the maximum period of stay could be up to 3 years. The older women above the 55 years of age may be accommodated for maximum period of 5 years after which they will have to shift to old age homes or similar institutions.
- The facilities could also be availed by the children accompanying women in the above categories. Girls up to the age of 18 years and boys up to the age of 8 years would be allowed to stay in the Swadhar Greh with their mothers. (Boys of more than 8 years of age need to be shifted to the Children Homes run under JJ Act/ICPS.)
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It takes one day for processing.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
More information related to Maharashtra State Commission for women can be obtained through following links:
- Objectives of the commission:Objectives
- Women support room –complaint format:Format
- Women right:Refer Link
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Maharashtra Right to Public Services Act
Women and Child Development Department, Government of Maharashtra
Ministry of women and Child Development, Government of India. Maharashtra State Commission for Women
Maharashtra State Commission for Protection of Child Rights. Integrated Child Development Services Scheme, Maharashtra State.
Special cell for women and children in Maharashtra
- Online right to information from Women and Child Development Department can be obtained through following link:RTI
- Registration for NGO, Maharashtra State Commission for women:Registration