Maharashtra - Apply Fishing License (Fisherman)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicants must get their fishing gear such as fishing rods, nets, reels, fishing lines, hooks, vessels, etc registered with the Directorate of Fisheries of the state before applying for a fishing license or permit.
- Registration of fishing gear is a one-time activity.
- Applicants cannot apply for a fishing license or permit without registering their fishing gear first.
- The applicant must apply to the Directorate of Fisheries. Find contacts of the district offices in the given link :Link
- Upon visit, get an application form and fill it up correctly.
- Now submit it to the concerned officer in the office along with all the “Required Documents”
- Pay the requisite fee
- Once the application is verified, the applicant will be informed regarding the further proceeding by the concerned authority.
- It may take 60 days for the validation of the application. The applicant may contact the concerned office.
Apply Online through aaplesarkar :
- To apply online, the applicant shall follow the given aaple sarkar link: Link and click on the "New User? Register Here" tab.
- From the given options, select any one mode to create User ID and Password.
- Now verify UID or Create your own user profile using OTP verification on your mobile.
- A new page will open up where the applicant has to fill up all the personal detail(Name, D.O.B, Age, Gender, etc) in the portal.
- Now enter the address as per the document.
- After that provide mobile number and OTP, PAN No., UID No., and confirm password.
- Now upload a photograph between 5kB to 20kB in JPEG format.
- Now choose from the drop now menu any one of the Proof of Identity.
- Finally provide a Proof of Address by clicking from the menu on screen.
- Click on the declaration box and then click the "Register" tab.
- Now login with the user credentials.
- After login, click Link and then click on “Apply”.
- The applicant will get an application displayed.
- Fill up the application form correctly and pay the requisite fee.
- On completion, the applicant will be notified.
- You can check the status of the application in the portal by signing in with User ID and password.
Apply Through Centres:
- To apply Fishing License (Fisherman) through centres, the applicant has to visit the respective “CSC” centre/sewa kendra. Please tap on the following link to locate the centre according to the respective district: link.
- Make sure to have the documents that are listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- An application form can be obtained through the kiosk operator upon visiting the centre.
- The applicant has to fill in all the necessary information in the application form.
- Submit the application form with “Required Documents” to the office. It is advised to take the documents in original to the kiosk for scanning purposes.
- The operator will process the application online.
- On successful submission, the applicant will receive an application number as acknowledgement. The applicant will also get a transaction number as a text message on their registered mobile number.
- Pay the fee as given in the “Fees” section of this page and collect the receipt.
- An ”SMS” triggered update on application status will be sent to the applicant’s mobile. Please keep track of the notification.
- Upon the satisfaction of the authorities, the permission will be granted according to the application.
- Fishing license application form
- Bonafide fisherman certificate
- Identity Proof: Aadhaar card / Passport / Driving License / Ration Card / Govt. Id card / Defence ID Card / PAN card.
- Residential Proof: Residential Certificate issued by Local administration office/ Aadhaar card / Passport / Driving License / Ration Card / Govt. Id card / Defence ID Card / PAN card.
- 2 Passport Size Photographs
- Caste (Samaj) certificate
- Affix stamp as advised by authorities if required
- Complete details about the fishing activity
Office Locations & Contacts
Directorate of Fisheries, Government of Maharashtra
Netaji Subhash Road,
E-mail: [email protected]
Link: Contact Link
- Fishermen should have a valid registration certificate or Fisherman’s fishing vessel should be registered.
- Fishermen who are actively involved in fishing for livelihood.
- The applicant must be a resident of the state.
- The applicant must be a resident of India.
- Application fee details shall be provided by the concerned licensing officer.
- A license or permit granted for fishing shall be valid for the period specified therein unless it is suspended or canceled earlier.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- A license or permit for fishing will be granted within 15 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Before applying for a license or permit for fishing here are few things to keep in mind,
- No person should carry fishing activity in any trout waters, reserved waters, and protected waters bodies without obtaining a license or permit as it is punishable in terms of the law.
- Do not use any explosives which may cause threats to the life of fishes in the water.
- Do not catch fishes that are prohibited for fishing for being rare or are on the verge of being extinct.
- For more information, visit the following link: Link
- Full name
- Permanent address
- Father’s Name
- Area of operation
- Type of net used for fishing
- Type of fishing vessel to be used
- Port where the fishing vessel is permitted to be berthed or anchored
Need for the Document
- The government of India provides various aids to the fishermen and their families which can be avail only by having the license.
- The government of India provides various upliftment programs such as education quota, employment opportunities, and various welfare schemes to fishermen and their families on the basis of the license.
- The government of India also provides subsidies to fishermen having the license.
Information which might help
- Under the Fisheries Act 1897 of India, any person, whether a citizen of India or a foreigner visiting India, desiring to fish in an area that is permitted for fishing by the government for the purpose of doing business or tourism must obtain a license or permit from the Department of Fisheries of the state they are visiting.
- Fishing license or permit was made mandatory to prevent threats to the fishes from human activities and also to protect and save the fishes that are rare or are in danger of being extinct in a proper environment.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Fishing Harbours in Maharashtra: Link
- Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, and Dairying, Government of India: Link
More information which might help people.