Wikiprocedure > India > Maharashtra

Maharashtra - Apply Certificate for Incapability of Cultivate Land

From Wikiprocedure
Jump to: navigation, search



Apply In-Person:

  1. A landholder incapable of cultivating land may approach the respective office of the thasildhar / local revenue officer in whose jurisdiction the land is situated.
  2. Contact Link1 please select the district as per the map to reach next page. In the given page please select menu option “DIRECTORY>PUBLIC CONVENIENCE>Municipality” OR “DIRECTORY>PUBLIC UTILITIES > Municipalities” OR “ABOUT THE DISTRICT” > “Who’s (Whose) who” to get contact details AND Panchayat contact link in the given page please select the hyperlink against respective state as per requirement for contact details.
  3. Please use the contact details from the above links as appropriate to get the concerned office contact details. Please visit the respective office and consult with the designated authority about the application procedure. As advised, please collect the application form from the concerned authority or write on a plain A4 sheet as advised.
  4. Complete the application form. Attach all the required documents as per the “Required Documents” section of this page and submit the application in 3 sets to the designated receiving authority in person.
  5. After receiving the application, authorities will check the application and document set. If all are in place, the application will be accepted. Please pay the required fees (if any) and don’t forget to take the receipt of payment. Please refer to the “Fees” section of this page for more details.
  6. Authorities will make entries about this application in the manual record or electronically using the computer and provide a record number for reference. Please keep it safe for future reference.
  7. ”SMS” triggered update on application status will be sent to the applicant’s mobile. So, keep track of the notification from the department.
  8. This application will be processed further. The application details and documents enclosed will be verified by the respective authorities.
  9. Once verified, the application will be referred to other departments as appropriate for their recommendations.
  10. The department also, assign a verification officer to verify the facts by visiting the area of residence of the applicant. Once the verification is complete, a report will be submitted.
  11. Based on the report and recommendations, the sanctioning authority will issue the orders for grant of certificate.
  12. The status, viz. Approval will be conveyed to the applicant through a “SMS”.
  13. Please follow the notification and guidelines of the department. The certificate will be hand-delivered or delivered as per applicable norms.
  14. The whole process shall be completed within 15 to 30 days from the date of receipt of the application or as per the advised time period.


Required Documents

  • Application form
  • A covering letter explaining the reasons in detail in support of the claims for a certificate
  • Applicant’s Residence proof (ration card / Passport / Aadhaar card / Driving licence)
  • Applicant’s Identity proof (ration card / Passport / Aadhaar card / Driving licence)
  • In case the authorized agent / guardian is applying, then the aadhaar card should be provided.
  • Certificate in support of physically / mentally challenged
  • Birth certificate
  • Ration card
  • Copy of land document
  • Farmer card (if available)
  • Letter from village / panchayat head as per requirement
  • Aadhaar card
  • Passport size photo as per requirement

  • Apart from the above documents, authorities may ask for additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.

Office Locations & Contacts

Revenue And Forest Departments,
Near Police Station, Anjangaon Surji, Anjangaon, Maharashtra 444705.
Phone: 22813150
Email: [email protected]
Contact Link1 AND Link


  • Applicant should be a citizen of India.
  • Those who are 18 years and above are eligible to apply.
  • A landholder permanently incapable of cultivating land by reason of any physical or mental infirmity is eligible to apply.


  • Please pay as per authorities quote.


  • The certificate is valid for the purpose for which it was obtained and as per the timeline mentioned on the certificate.

Documents to Use

Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links

Sample Documents

Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.

Processing Time

  • The whole process shall be completed within 15 to 30 days from the date of receipt of the application or as per the advised time period.

Related Videos

Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications.
Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites.
Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation.
Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver,
sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube
width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed.
e.g In the following url '' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.


  • The applicant should provide details of annual income from the said sources.
  • Incomplete application will be rejected.
  • Avoid spelling mistakes while filling the application form.
  • Do not submit fake documents as a proof to get this certificate.

Required Information

  • Name of the applicant
  • Father’s name
  • Complete address of the applicant
  • Sources of income other than land
  • Details of physical disability
  • Name of State /UT
  • Date of the application
  • Mobile number
  • Email ID
  • Aadhaar number

Need for the Document

  • The certificate of incapability to cultivate land is required by an agricultural landowner to get the government support to take over the management of his land and to give such land on contract to a contractor.
  • This certificate ensures the ownership of the land that the landowner had no other means of livelihood and is a person suffering from physical or mental disability.

Information which might help

  • A revenue officer of the area wherein such land is situated shall have powers to take over possession and management of any uncultivated land and hand it over to a contractor willing to cultivate it on payment of such rent and for such minimum period and subject to such conditions as may be prescribed.

Other uses of the Document/Certificate

Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate.
e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.

External Links

Place some external links which might help.


More information which might help people.