Maharashtra - Apply (Register) for Medical (Medicine) Consultant
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for general physician the person must fulfil all the eligibility criteria listed under eligibility section.
- The candidate requesting to register under the Indian medical council must approach the registrar of Indian medical council for the application form.
- The application form is available at Indian medical council website Application form
- The candidate must take a printout of the application form and fill-up the requested details.
- The candidate must take a bank draft in favour of Secretary, Medical Council of India, New Delhi, payable at New Delhi, must be enclosed along with the application as fee.
- The application form along with the requested documents and originals has to be sent. The originals will be returned along with the certificate of registration. The attested copies will be retained in this office and also submit attested photocopy of permanent registration certificate.
- The application is to be forwarded direct, to the Delhi office and be addressed to the Registrar, Medical Council of India, New Delhi.
- Then the verification of the all submitted documents is done. After successful verification the certificate will be issued only to those who possess a registrable basic medical qualification and subsequently have obtained recognised postgraduate medical qualification (s) as per provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act.
- After getting the certificate the candidate is allowed to start his own practise or can approach the private or public hospitals for practise.
Apply In-Person with state council
- The person has to get himself/herself registered with the concerned State Medical Council for permanent registration certificate to start practising as a medical physician in that state.
- The candidate requesting to register under the Maharashtra Medical Council must approach the registrar for the application form.
- The application form is available Application form
- The candidate must take a printout of the application form and fill-up the requested details. Affix a passport size photograph
- Sign the form duly and take photocopies of the required documents for verification.
- Submit the application form and all the photocopies of the required documents.
- Bank Draft Rs.2000/- (Two Thousand only) in favour of “Maharashtra Medical Council” (non-refundable) payable at Mumbai of Nationalised/Scheduled Bank.
- On verification of Documents, communication will be sent to your Registered mail Id to choose your Appointment date
- Visit MMC on appointment date with all Original documents to complete registration process.
- On Successful registration the registration certificate is issued and the same can be collected from the council office.
The below documents are required for registration
1. Proof of date of birth.
2. Certificate of having passed qualifying examination (MBBS) issued by University i.e. M.B.B.S. Degree Certificate.
3. Certificate satisfactory completion of internship issued by the Head of the Institution Annexure I & II and University in original.
4. Proof of charge of name in case of married woman desirous of registration in new name (Registration of marriage certificate, Govt. gazatte / affidavit).
5. Three copies of latest photographs of passport size.
6. N.O.C. in original for other state candidate valid for three month from the date of issue.
7. Purpose Copy of Registration in Maharashtra for other state candidate e.g. Higher Education / Service / Private Practice attach of proof of concerned authority.
8 . Residential Proof in Maharashtra (for other State Candidate) copy of Rent Agreement / Allotment Letter of Govt. accommodation / Dean / Rector of Medical College / Hospital).
9. Certificate of Registration issued by State Council (for other state candidate).
10 . Certificate of Provisional Registration in original issued by this council
Office Locations & Contacts
Indian Medical Council
Dada Dev Mandir Road Dwarka Phase -1,
Pocket 14, Sector 8 Dwarka,
New Delhi, Delhi 110077
Maharashtra Medical Council
189 A,Anand Complex, 2nd Floor,
Sane Guruji Marg,
Email: [email protected]
The eligibility criteria for registering with the council is
- For postgraduate level studies (M.D/ M.S or M.Sc in Medicine), candidates must have M.B.B.S degree from an institution recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- For the doctoral programme (Ph.D.), candidates must have a master’s degree.
- The candidate must have completed service in rural area.
Bank Draft Rs.2000/-(Rupees Two Thousand) in favour of “Maharashtra Medical Council (non-refundable) payable at Mumbai of Nationalised/Scheduled Bank. Online application fee as decided by the government.
Permanent certificate comes with a time duration specified (1 year). If you are taking an extension or leave or redo a specific posting, then state council needed to be informed and then extend the date in certificate.
Documents to Use
Maharashtra Medical Council registration form
IMC registration form
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
E-Certificate will be issued on the same day. Verification normally takes 4-6 weeks. It may be delayed depending on the response from the other state medical council or Indian embassy Concerned
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Defects in the application will be communicated via email. Candidates are instructed to correct the defects and resubmit.
- Every effort will be taken to issue e-Certificate on the same day; but it can't be claimed as a right. Issue of e-Certificate may be delayed due to administrative reasons both in normal as well as tatkal applications.
- Fees once paid is not refundable
- All the needed documents must be translated in English.
The below are the necessary details:
1.Aadhaar card number
2.Date of Birth
5.Date of completion of Internship
6.University awarding the qualification
7.Name & Address of college / institute
Need for the Document
- The permanent certificate is required for a doctor to start his practice after the internship.
- All the information of practising physicians must be registered with the corresponding state council authority.
- Only registered doctors are given licence to treat patients.
Information which might help
- Never furnish fraudulent details for obtaining this certificate. This will lead to punishment.
- Always check your name spelling while applying
- The doctor is now permanently registered with the state council and can practise in his/her respective district.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
This certificate can be used during income tax filling and paying property tax and can be shown during pension request processing.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.