Maharashtra - Application for Admission to Special Schools/Workshop for Person with Disability
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
The Social Justice and Special Assistance Department, the Government of Maharashtra provides online facility to user to apply for Admission to Special Schools/Workshop for Person with Disability. User can read the instructions and fill the form. Online service is provided by the government to save time of the user. The portal is available in two languages, English and Marathi; user can select any of the preferred language. However, the application form can be printed and applied in person along with the necessary documents to Superintendent & Committee, Social Welfare Officer.
Apply Online through aaplesarkar :
- To apply online, the applicant shall follow the given aaple sarkar link: Link and click on the "New User? Register Here" tab.
- From the given options, select any one mode to create User ID and Password.
- Now verify UID or Create your own user profile using OTP verification on your mobile.
- A new page will open up where the applicant has to fill up all the personal detail(Name, D.O.B, Age, Gender, etc) in the portal.
- Now enter the address as per the document.
- After that provide mobile number and OTP, PAN No., UID No., and confirm password.
- Now upload a photograph between 5kB to 20kB in JPEG format.
- Now choose from the drop now menu any one of the Proof of Identity.
- Finally provide a Proof of Address by clicking from the menu on screen.
- Click on the declaration box and then click the "Register" tab.
- Now login with the user credentials.
- After login, click Link and then click on “Apply”.
- The applicant will get an application displayed.
- Fill up the application form correctly and pay the requisite fee.
- On completion, the applicant will be notified.
- You can check the status of the application in the portal by signing in with User ID and password.
Apply in Person:
- Applications can also be made in-person through the Social Justice and Special Assistance Department (Government of Maharashtra) offices and sub-offices.
- You will be able to find the office location information and contact information under the following link :Contacts
- Please make sure you have all the documents (if any) that are listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- Fill the application form with the required information
- Submit the form in person to Social Justice and Special Assistance Department.
- After the authorities validate your application and the documents that are submitted they will process the application for admission to special school workshop for disable person
Apply Through Centres:
- To apply through centres, the applicant has to visit the respective “CSC” centre/sewa kendra. Please tap on the following link to locate the centre according to the respective district: link.
- Make sure to have the documents that are listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- An application form can be obtained through the kiosk operator upon visiting the centre.
- The applicant has to fill in all the necessary information in the application form.
- Submit the application form with “Required Documents” to the office. It is advised to take the documents in original to the kiosk for scanning purposes.
- The operator will process the application online.
- On successful submission, the applicant will receive an application number as acknowledgement. The applicant will also get a transaction number as a text message on their registered mobile number.
- Pay the fee as given in the “Fees” section of this page and collect the receipt.
- An ”SMS” triggered update on application status will be sent to the applicant’s mobile. Please keep track of the notification.
- Upon the satisfaction of the authorities, the permission will be granted according to the application.
- Mandatory Documents (All the documents are mandatory)
- Aadhar Card
- Last Year Marksheet
- Disability Certificate
- School Leaving Certificate
Photocopy of documents should be attached while applying in person and scanned documents should be uploaded while applying online. Keep all the documents in scanned form like JPEG, GIF and PDF, so that it can be uploaded while making online application on the website. If submitting in person, xerox copies needs to be attached.
Office Locations & Contacts
- Further information and clarification can be obtained through following link: Contact Information
- Social justice and special assistance department contacts
- Commissioner social welfare, Pune Contacts
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India
- Commissioner for a person with disability Contacts: Disability Contacts
- (District offices contacts)Maharashtra State Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation
Every special school and workshop has different eligibility criteria. Details regarding each school and its eligibility could be obtained through following link:Disability welfare
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It takes thirty days for processing of the certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
- There are special education and vocational training programs for disable children and adult through government and non government institutions. The complete list of the program could be obtained through the following link:Disability welfare
- For example there is a scheme funded by state government and is named as: Special Education and Vocational Training through Government institutions.
- Objective of the scheme is to provide Special education to disabled children between age group of 6 to 18 years in the government special schools. Vocational training is also provided to special children’s above the age of 18 years.
- Beneficiary categories: Visually Impaired, Hearing Impaired, Orthopedically Handicapped
- Eligibility Criteria: Application in given form with necessary document submitted to concern Govt. Institution, Applicant should have minimum 40% disability, Applicant should be Domicile in Maharashtra
- Benefits Provided: Child with a disability has access to free education in an appropriate environment till he / she attains the age of eighteen years & above 18 years vocational training given to special children. The free facilities of food, shelter, clothing and education are provided in these institutions.
- Application Process: Application in prescribed form with necessary documents submitted to Concern Govt. Institute
- Contact Office: Government Institution and District social welfare office Zillah Parishad/Assistant Commissioner Social welfare office Mumbai urban / Mumbai suburban
- There are many such special schools and workshops are conducted for person with disability, the details could be obtained from the link mentioned above.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Maharashtra Right to Public Services Act
Social Justice and Special Assistance Department, Government of Maharashtra
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India
Commissioner for persons with disability
Maharashtra State Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation
Software for assessment of disability, Maharashtra:Software