Lithuania - Report on Lost Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- For citizens residing in Lithuania: Report the incident at any territorial police agency, Migration Department or a migration office.
For citizens residing in a foreign state: Report the incident at a consular post.
- Fill-in a notice of the loss of a document confirming the citizenship of the Republic of Lithuania (form) and submit it.
- Upon the receipt of this report, the passport is declared invalid.
- A temporary certificate will be issued upon the request of a person who has lost a passport.
- a notice of the loss of a document
- a document confirming the person's identity and citizenship of the Republic of Lithuania (passport, identity card)
Office Locations & Contacts
L. Sapiegos str. 1,
Phone: (+370 5) 271 7112 (reception)
Fax (+370 5) 271 8210
Lithuania citizens who have lost their passport.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Lithuanian Passports are valid for up to ten years( for adults) and five years (for children from 516 years). For younger children, passports are valid for two years, which can be extended by a separate request for up to five years.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
A passport is issued according to a general procedure which is not later than within one month upon the receipt of the documents at the Migration office. It can also be issued according to an urgent procedure which is within one working day (24 hours) or five working days from the receipt of the documents.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- The person must report a lost passport to any territorial police agency, the Migration Department or a migration office, and if he is staying in a foreign state to a consular post.
- For the request of a citizen who has lost a passport, a temporary certificate shall be issued in accordance with the procedure laid down by the Ministry of Interior Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A passport which has been lost must be reported immediately and should be replaced. The passport declared lost will be invalid.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Migration Department: http://www.migracija.lt/index.php?-1901205309
More information which might help people.