Lithuania - Register a Foreign Birth
Revision as of 05:26, 27 December 2017 by Wesley (Created page with "==Procedure== #You should do this at the civil registry office for the area where you are a resident or the place where the childs parent reside in Lithuania. #Please check o...")
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- You should do this at the civil registry office for the area where you are a resident or the place where the childs parent reside in Lithuania.
- Please check offices and location section below to find civil registry offices in your region. Contact the offices for more information on how to register a foreign birth.
- If you are registering from outside Lithuania, you should contact the nearest Lithuanian embassy or consulate.
- Personal identification document;
- Foreign government-issued birth certificate. This document must be legalized or attested (Apostille), when the Republic of Lithuania, international treaties and EU law provides otherwise, and translated into the Lithuanian language.
- A payment order or receipt confirming payment of the state fee. These documents are not required if the application has been submitted online and paid through the e-government goal.
Office Locations & Contacts
The city of Vilnius Civil Registry Division
Address: Kalinausko g. 21, 03107 Vilnius
Tel: (8 5) 233 47 20
Alytus district municipality administration,
Civil registration department
Address: Flock g. 21, 62135, Alytus
Tel: (8 315) 55 512
E-mail: @ v.silvanaviciene arsa.lt
Kaunas city civil registry office
Address: A town hall. 15, 44279 Kaunas
Tel: (8 37) 42 27 66
E-mail: @ civilines.metrikacijos.skyrius kaunas.lt
Births of citizens of Lithuania that did not take place in Lithuania
The fee for this service is 21 Lt If the application is submitted online, the online registry service information system MEPIS is a state fee we recommend to pay only upon approval of the performance of the service and correctly formatted payment instruction. Confirmation of the performance of the service, you can receive e-mail or SMS text message. This avoids potentially incorrect payments.
Misinterpretation of payment reasons:
- Improper Payment code. When paying a state fee payment order shall be payment code of the municipality, which carries out the request. There are cases when it is submitted in one municipality and another place.
- For an application does not need to pay for the service can be denied.
- Paid the wrong amount. There may be cases where the request is not the same, and then paid the wrong amount.
Payment must indicate details of the person on whose behalf the request is not a relative or other personal data.
Birth registration does not have an expiry period
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
The processing period for registering a birth is one day.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
You must register your childs birth according to the regulations of Lithuania.
- Civil registry office title
- Personal code
- Date of birth
- Where and when registered marriage
Need for the Document
Births of citizens of Lithuania that occurred abroad should be registered at the civil registry offices in Lithuania. It is required to do this so as to have the birth entered in birth records of Lithuania. This also facilitates the application of Lithuanian birth certificate.
Information which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Registering a foreign birth helps in obtaining a birth certificate in Lithuania.
More information which might help people.