Lithuania - Register a Birth
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Please explain in step by step format the procedure, Just to make things easier for others to understand. e.g. 1. Obtain the proof of birth from the Hospital. 2. Name your child.
- Parents' personal identity documents
- Health care facilities or doctors Advisory Commission issued a certificate of birth of the child and the time factor
- Man, himself holding the child's father, mother and a notarized statement of parental recognition, if a child is born to unmarried parents
Office Locations & Contacts
The city of Vilnius Civil Registry Division
Address: Kalinausko g. 21, 03107 Vilnius
Tel: (8 5) 233 47 20
Alytus district municipality administration,
Civil registration department
Address: Flock g. 21, 62135, Alytus
Tel: (8 315) 55 512
E-mail: @ v.silvanaviciene arsa.lt
Kaunas city civil registry office
Address: A town hall. 15, 44279 Kaunas
Tel: (8 37) 42 27 66
E-mail: @ civilines.metrikacijos.skyrius kaunas.lt
The birth can be registered by the following people:
- The midwife who was present the birth
- The father if he has joint parental responsibility
- The doctor who was present
- Any other person present at the birth or who has been informed of the birth
- The mother once she is physically able to do so
- In some cases officials visit hospital maternity units and can register the birth during the mother's hospital stay
Birth registration is free in Lithuania.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
The processing period for registering a birth is one day.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
To register the birth of your child, you should visit Civil Registry Offices. To make an appointment, please click here. The child should be present at the interview.
- Civil registry office title
- Personal code
- Date of birth
- Where and when registered marriage
Need for the Document
The birth of a child born in Lithuania must be registered at the civil registry office of the district where the child was born.
Information which might help
The birth registration document is used to obtain a birth certificate.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.