Lithuania - Obtain a Police Clearance Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Submit completed application form, an identification document and the applicable fees to Information Technology and Communications Department, Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Lithuania.
- Non-Resident Requests
- Applicants should apply at the nearest Lithuanian embassy or consulate.
- Identity Card
- Birth certificate
- Drivers licence
Office Locations & Contacts
Contact address for Local Requests
Information Technology and Communications Department
Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Lithuania
Sventaragio str. 2
Telephone: 370 5 2717243
Fax: 370 5 2718921
Reception of the Police Department under the Ministry of the Interior
Tel: +370 5 271 9731, cabinet No. 107;
Saltoniskiu str. 19, 08105, Vilnius, Lithuania
Working hours: Monday - Thursday 8.00-17.00 h., Friday 8.00-15.45 h., lunch hour 12.00-12.45 h.
This certificate s applied for if someone is asked to produce it as a requirement
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- You need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence.
- If you live in Lithuania applicant should submit an application form, an identification document and the applicable fees to Information Technology and Communications Department, Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Lithuania.
- Non-Resident Requests should apply at the nearest Lithuanian embassy or consulate.
- Your full name
- Your date and place of birth
- Your current residential addresses
- The purpose of the request
Need for the Document
A police certificate is an official document issued by police or government agency of a country to enumerate any criminal records that the applicant may or may not have. Criminal records may include arrest, conviction, and possibly criminal proceedings.
Information which might help
It is important to find out whether the requesting authority would need the police clearance certificate to be legalized. It will save time and money to submit the original Police Clearance Certificate to the Department of Foreign Affairs Legalization Section before it is returned to the applicant.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Police Clearance Certificate is needed when applying for permanent residence.
If forwarded from abroad, the application may be forwarded via any reputable courier company. The courier company must be PREPAID to collect the documents from the Criminal Record Centre and return the documents to the sender.