Lithuania - Obtain a Pet Passport (Import Export or Transport Pet)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Importation of pets:
- Have your pet examined by a veterinarian: You will need to have your pet examined by a certified veterinarian. Some of the documents that you will need to present when your pet arrives in Lithuania will be issued by your vet. Your vet will also be the one who will issue the pet passport.
- Prepare documents you will need to present when your pet arrives in Lithuania:
- Identification: Your pet must be identified with a readable tattoo (until 3 july 2011) or with a microchip.
- EU pet passport: This must be issued by an authorised vet OR a third country certificate issued by an official vet with a written declaration completed by the owner or an authorised person
- Proof that the animal got vaccinated against rabies:The dog/cat/ferret(s) must have a valid rabies vaccination; (a waiting period after primary vaccination and prior to travel is 21 days if travelling from another EU country or a listed third country)
- Rabies serological test is only required when the third county of origin is not listed third country. (waiting period following rabies serological test 3 months if travelling from for unlisted third countries)
- If you are outside Lithuania: You may use the link provided under "Office Locations & Contacts" to get in touch with the nearest embassy of Lithuania in the country you are currently staying. The office may be able to provide you with information about pet passports and import permits for pets.
- Before you make arrangements to transport your pet: Make sure that you have all the required documents, and got in touch with the authority responsible with the import/export of live animals in the country where your pet will be coming from and in Lithuania. If you are thinking of flying in with your pet, you may also try and contact the airline company, they may be able to provide additional information about pet passports and how you can bring your pet abroad.
- Travelling to Lithuania: The animal(s) has/have to be accompanied by the owner or an authorised person (any natural person who has authorisation in writing from the owner to carry out the non-commercial movement of the pet animal on behalf of the owner).
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
State Food and Veterinary Service
Address: Siesik? str. 19, 07170 Vilnius
Tel. +370 5 240 4361
Fax. +370 5 240 4362
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information on how you can bring your pet dogs and cats to Lithuania and how can you apply for a Pet Passport.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.