Lithuania - Convert Your Foreign Driving License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicant must take and pass the theory test. Some applicants are also required to pass the practical examination, like those who hold driving licenses from third countries.
- Both theory and practical tests can be taken in any Regitra examination centre, irrespective of person's place of residence. For those who does not speak the state language, they can use theory test computer program developed by Regitra, which offers the options of taking an examination in Lithuanian, English or Russian, while practical driving test can be taken by the use of interpreters services.
- Have your driver's license translated into Lithuanian language by an authorized translator.
- Valid Driver's License
- Translation of the Driver's License
Office Locations & Contacts
State Enterprise REGITRA
Liepkalnio street 97
LT-02121 Vilnius, Lithuania
Phone: +370 5 266 0421
Fax: +370 5 266 0423
For drivers holding a driving license issued in the state other than the state specified above and are permanently residing in the Republic of Lithuania may convert their foreign driver's license into a local one. The national driving licenses may be exchanged under the following conditions:
- The state who issued the driving license is a contracting state to the Paris Convention on Motor Traffic (1926), the Geneva Convention on Road Traffic (1949) or the Vienna Convention on Road Traffic (1968)
- The driver's license presented to the State Enterprise Regitra is valid
- The national driving license submitted to State Enterprise Regitra is accompanied by the translation of the national driving license into the Lithuanian language confirmed by the signature of the translator who translated it and the international driving license conforming to the requirements of Annex E to the Paris Convention on Motor Traffic (1926), Annex 10 to the Geneva Convention on Road Traffic (1949) or Annex 7 to the Vienna Convention on Road Traffic (1968), if the national driving license is not conforming to the requirements of Annex 9 to the Geneva Convention on Road Traffic (1949) or Annex 6 to the Vienna Convention on Road Traffic (1968),
- The applicant passed the Theory Test given by REGITRA, (excluding drivers holding driving license issued in Switzerland).
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A driver's license is a legal document issued by the state. It expresses a persons capability to operate a motorized vehicle, such as a motorcycle, car, truck or a bus, on a public roadway. Laws relating to the issuance of licenses vary between jurisdictions.
Driving licences issued by an EU Member States as well as Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein can be used in Lithuania without any restrictions. For those who hold driving license issued by a country not mentioned earlier must convert their driver's license to be able operate a vehicle in Lithuania.
Following are procedures on how you can convert your foreign driver's license into a Lithuanian Driver's License.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.